SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the Dean told you it was ok?...hell I would run with that....But i would do it if the janitor told me too..lol

I would go give it a shot, keep a lot of junk on you and say your cleaning the place up. Works like a charm.

I would go give it a shot, keep a lot of junk on you and say your cleaning the place up. Works like a charm.
No need to "bring your own". You'll find enough. Bring your own trash bag to carry it out, though. TTC

Go for it! GL. HH!

SC,
Sounds like a great opportunity. If I were you I would get it in writing, or print out the e-mail where she granted you permission. That way you have proof on you if anyone tries to give you any trouble. I have permission from one of the higher ups to detect a large seminary (was a college) here in NC. Never had anyone question me, but I always like to carry proof.
Good luck to you, :thumbsup:
MM

Go for it! Or...you could tell me where it is and I will let you know if I had any trouble after a couple weeks!

Happy hunting.

Thanks guys I'll try it out. It has lots of HUGE trees in the front of it. I know somebody would have sat down at the base of one for lunch or to study in the shade. I can't wait. Thanks again!

yup, jump on that! doesn't get any better, good luck to you, might be in to some virgin ground too cause most people would think they'd never get permission for a location like that HH

as Modern Miner said.... get proof. A written statement with their signature and phone. I have permission to detect our borough. If anyone bothers me I hand them the written statement with the Mayor's contact info and signature and tell them to have at it. No one pursues it any further than that, and he has never been called.

Good idea to carry around written permission.a few weeks ago the mister dropped me off for a few minutes at one if the spots we've been searching and left me with the info on who gave us permission in case I ran into any trouble .

Why argue with a "yes" ? Go for it .

As far as other people saying to "get that in writing ", I'd be careful about telling them to put that in writing . Because that could conjur up legal ramifications on their part . And they may start to think twice about the permission. I'd go with the verbal , as long as you have their name .

Thanks everybody I'll go talk to her again and see. Thanks!

as tom said I would go with the verbal yes, signing papers tends to give some folks the impression that they are giving up their rights to say no at a later date, go early a.m. or late p.m. , sundays and holidays and try to remain anonymous or it won't be long before somebody will complain about you 'digging' up the lawn and you don't want other detectorist to discover your place until you've had some time there

Just go with yes it can only be changed to no if your challenged you have a name I would do it if a professor or grounds keeper or any employee told me it was ok just have a name

Come to my house and ask permission to hunt ....and you can
Come to my house and ask me to sign any thing ...no you Can`t.. go away!
Gary

Come to my house and ask permission to hunt ....and you can Come to my house and ask me to sign any thing ...no you Can`t.. go away! Gary

I'm with you there Gary! Especially any permission slip that has a whole bunch of fine print etc. Verbal permission and a handshake is good enough for me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back