Questions about rocks?

Smokehouse_83

Jan 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trying to get semi serious about finding the good stuff. Found this area on the side of the road and it seems interesting. Thought I would post pics and see what the big dawgs think. It's about 1/4 mile long with all these different rocks all full of Quartz and tons of pyrite and mica. Also has bands of loose dirt/sand running from the bottom of the cut up about 20 foot and bands of Quartz. image.jpeg

OP
OP
S

Smokehouse_83

Jan 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Smokehouse_83

Jan 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also Found an old unrecorded greenstone/I think gold mine. I have a few buckets of material from the mine tailings I need to upload pictures of to see what you guys think. Plan on going back this summer and sluicing the river below it and crushing the tailings pile and running it also. If I get brave enough I might try and take some material out of the mine shaft to crush too. It's old like Spanish mine.

I grabbed a bucket of material from the above site if anybody wants to see more pics. It's a crazy looking spot. Before and after it is just sandstone.

Last edited:

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
Looks like a stockworks..sample at different spots along the series of veins..be sure to mark each bags location...crush and pan out.Take more samples from the spot that you get color.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very cool.:thumb_up:

OP
OP
S

Smokehouse_83

Jan 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
87C4F4FC-B9A9-4B43-804C-7F35C9EAEBFC.jpeg

4CEB2433-E4CD-402B-9C03-D6FD12ADF9A8.jpg

The mine and the stream that runs by it

Last edited:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
trying to get semi serious about finding the good stuff. Found this area on the side of the road and it seems interesting. Thought I would post pics and see what the big dawgs think. It's about 1/4 mile long with all these different rocks all full of Quartz and tons of pyrite and mica. Also has bands of loose dirt/sand running from the bottom of the cut up about 20 foot and bands of Quartz. View attachment 1545437

See if pegmatite fits the bill on this stuff. Either that or granite.
Basically the same, but the pegmatite is more rough grained.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any testing of the granite or pegmatite yet?

OP
OP
S

Smokehouse_83

Jan 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I started building a shop sluice last night. Gotta finish it up this weekend and crush up the material. Might get it run next week sometime. I have two buckets of the green Quartz from the mine to run also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread