What's new

r.r tags better pics

slykatt13

Full Member
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
113
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
ny
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 50/minelab safari
i went detecting in the woods today...my detector went haywire saying quarters everywhere.dug don about 8 inches and discovered to brass tags.cleaned them off alittle and found they were baggage tags. i rescanned and dug alittle dirt out of the hole and surprise!!!!!!!!!!! i found about 100 of them in great shape.all specific to the town i live in.did some reserch...1800s woohoo.there were lots more of the same signal ....but i didnt want to carry them all. seen on ebay they sell for $10 to $40 each!!! yeah im gettin the rest tommorrow.sorry bout the scans ,little blurry.i dont have a digicam so you dont get to see the pile right now,but heres a couple.and there are so many different shapes.
 

Attachments

  • img060.webp
    img060.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 3,953
  • img064.webp
    img064.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 3,904
  • img062.webp
    img062.webp
    10 KB · Views: 3,899
  • img060.webp
    img060.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 3,925
  • img064.webp
    img064.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 3,906
  • img062.webp
    img062.webp
    10 KB · Views: 3,894
Upvote 0
Re: baggage tags

Holy Smokes! Wow you were'nt kidding on all those babies. Very Nice...Banner it please! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: jgas
 
Re: baggage tags

slykatt13 said:
jgas said:
Holy Smokes! Wow you were'nt kidding on all those babies. Very Nice...Banner it please! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: jgas
i'll have better pics when i figure out the sizing for the pic
change your pic size to 500 or 700 in the top space to adjust size bottom should automaticly adjust with the top number
 
Re: baggage tags

WOW :o I Wanna See Too :headbang:
 
Re: baggage tags

That is a tremendous find SLY. With larger pics, and a nice story, I think W&E Treasures Magazine would like it in print. Not to mention the banner here. Pics mean everything. And from what I see you need better pics. I cannot put my banner vote in without them. Hogge
 
Re: baggage tags

Agreed.

hogge said:
That is a tremendous find SLY. With larger pics, and a nice story, I think W&E Treasures Magazine would like it in print. Not to mention the banner here. Pics mean everything. And from what I see you need better pics. I cannot put my banner vote in without them. Hogge
 
here they are, research says 1865.there i finally got a good pic.they are the good tags.i also found bent and beatin ones.do i get banner now?
 

Attachments

  • rr tags.webp
    rr tags.webp
    73.5 KB · Views: 3,222
Awesome find! Probably worth quite a bit as well. :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on the tag cache...NJ
 
Like I first wrote, write a good, semi-long article, and send it to W&E Treasures. I can pretty much guarantee that you have a Find of the Year. That is a very important discovery you made, if you posted those photos at some of the railroad memorabilia sites, you'll start an uproar. I dream of finding something like that every night. You could keep posting new photos every day, and I'd be staring at them. Amazing, simply amazing.
Carl

Now I'm off to hit the "Banner" button.
 
Hitting the banner recommendation button Right Now! That is several thousand dollars worth of tags--Even If there are no really Rare ones. And if they are 1860s tags, there may be some pricey ones in there too. FAN-TASTIC!



Congrats,


Buckles
 
banner vote from me!
 
Welcome to the BANNER!
 

Attachments

  • kudos.webp
    kudos.webp
    3.8 KB · Views: 2,978
  • kudos.webp
    kudos.webp
    3.8 KB · Views: 2,984
Nice Tags :thumbsup:
Congrats On The BANNER!!!! :headbang:
You Will NOT Soon Forget This Day :wav:
HH!!
Swingit
 
BuckleBoy said:
Hitting the banner recommendation button Right Now! That is several thousand dollars worth of tags--Even If there are no really Rare ones. And if they are 1860s tags, there may be some pricey ones in there too. FAN-TASTIC!



Congrats,


Buckles
Exactly what Buckles said,but want to add DO NOT SELL til you know what they are worth exactly!!!!!!!!!! Some people will rip you off since your unsure of what you have..I thought I posted a R.R. appraiser link but not sure if I did... if I didn't pm me an I'll get a link for you...
 
Awesome! I have one. Great find.
Newt
 
Re: baggage tag totals

slykatt13 said:
well heres tag totals...
131 great condition...
17 bent...
23 beat...
171 total!!! ok its not hundreds...but close enough for me!called my local historical society today...
the woman said...WHAT? i didnt tell her how many i had.if she only knew.
anyway super rare ...most of them were lost due to fire.
if i find out actual value i'll keep you posted.oh by the way she wants me to donate to the museum...ok, mabee a couple.
having problem with pics so i'll figure it out and post again later.sorry

With that many I might have to donate a few.
Newt
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom