What's new

RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never have fun on the fourth. Holidays in my house are just another day.:-\

We have about 15 artillery pieces we will be firing, only goodness knows when.
 
The second walmart pic makes me want to get the hair clippers and shave his back.

The last one looks like he tried head butting the shopping cart, and lost!
Oh the stories the walmart workers could tell! Lol!
They've probably seen it all!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk
 
What setting do you use when you take pics of airplanes/helicopters in the sky? I have a Nikon B700 and I just haven't been able to take a decent pic of objects in the sky. Everything comes out blurred or hazy.


Thats a tricky question. It depends on the lighting, how far away the object is, and time of day. I like to have it in Shutter priority mode, or Manual mode. I have no idea what any of the buttons mean, what aperture means or any of that stuff. I am self taught, so I may not know the terms, I just "know" what I'm doing.

The best way I can sum it up is, read the directions. My way of giving out directions will make you screw up royally. :laughing7:


As for the Walmart pic...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:I can't help I like pics like that!
 
The second walmart pic makes me want to get the hair clippers and shave his back.



Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Yeah, you do that. I don't wanna watch.:icon_silent:
 
Morning WD
I guess y’all have big fourth planned.
I’m grilling some cat and bream. That won’t take long.
Plus we have more rain coming in.

Grounded. Have a funeral to go to Friday. :crybaby2:(Crying for the family, not me being grounded)
 
Rusty, the holidays at our house was followed by bringing in wood for the stove.
In winter that ment shoveling and clearing the covered pile.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk
 
Rusty, the holidays at our house was followed by bringing in wood for the stove.
In winter that ment shoveling and clearing the covered pile.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

In the summer months, it means doing TVA style projects of questionable importance, lol!
 
Morning WD, GB1, relevent.

I will stay home and save the eyeballs from societal "exposure". [emoji15]

WD, we can just raid the treasure chests later and pick out some nice ones!
Just leave a bottle of rum for the captain, all is good.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

I'll let you do the raiding this time. I got busted a couple weeks ago!

AARC4.webp
 
Here's my first ever batch of "cleaned" (I'm calling them done!) rusty farm finds.


1st cleaned.webp
 
I went out last night for a couple hours. I came across an old burn pile that is at the corner of our beach. I can't even begin to tell you how many rusty screws I dug up! I quit digging. I will go back there another day. I want them up because I don't want to chance one of the grandkids stepping on any.

I moved on and dug up more trash. Then I crossed the creek and this is best find of the night. It will make a nice decoration on the she-shed.

spade1.webp spade2.webp
 
I will be slow smoking 4 racks of ribs in mesquite, and later setting off fireworks in our circle.
Afterwards a cold bottle or two of IPA. :thumbsup:
With all the recent news of flesh eating bacteria in Florida's Gulf beaches and brain swelling amoebas in lakes and rivers, brings to mind this song by Spirit- Natures Way of telling you somethings wrong.


It hasn't always been this way in Florida. :BangHead: Natures Way of telling you,
 
The farm I found it on was founded in 1838. It was found in the oldest section of the farm, buried in a creek bottom in the woods.
 
Ya ECS, back to the primordial soup! No wonder they want to go to Mars!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk
 
I was with a large group when I found it. The general consensus between everybody was that date.

The farm I found it on was founded in 1838. It was found in the oldest section of the farm, buried in a creek bottom in the woods.

I was hoping there were different styles or something that would help date it. My farm was founded in 1832. But it has had activity ever since. I was thinking that since there is a definite two tone look to mine, that it is probably fairly modern. Like the blade is one shade and the rest is different like it was painted at one time.

The spade was found on the side of the creek where I believe the original house was, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
 
WD and RR
Most relic AXE heads we're made for shaping logs to square and cutting mortis and tenion joints.
6690903930cae99c9335e36a89c30f30.webp 1a5acb925d7d34692d974d9f9e5d83ff.webp8c01d221c7bfbd85a3781816a8dc9071.webp. I use to file a dating chart but can't find it.
A detecting buddy of mine is still holding one I found in West Point. It was around 18" deep. Axe heads give a huge signal because of their size.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom