What's new

RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang AARC, you took up 2 pages but that was Purdy stuff.

Only a few posts for me rook......I'm at 50 posts per page setting. Rct is only on page 752 for me.
 
folks,

Since ARC is teasing us with gold treasures.....time to toss a few more your way courtesy of a member on the Canadian forum as well as here.

A hard core beach hunter Clive Clynick enjoy.

Finds | Clive's Gold Page
 
Perhaps its this one. :/

gold-chain.webp
 
I got to visit my favorite antique store today in Ohio, Ghost in the Attic. Built in the 1860s, the building had an Otis elevator installed in the 1870s. It still works, and people can ride it anytime they wish. Not for me though!

Anyways, I've been after an amber E. J. Kenrick soda bottle from Portsmouth for a good while now. I found one in the back of the store, the only defect being a lip chip. As I was walking back, I spyed this beauty sitting on a helf. I've been after this bottle for three years. I've seen broken, chipped and bruised examples, but not a perfect one. I took that instead of the Kenrick soda.

DSC_0096.webp

All in all not a bad day. I passed a few ginger beers, saw some nice soda's and a large $240 hand painted stoneware jug from a beverage dealer in Cincinnati.

Also some good news, the Ohio river is at its lowest level for as long as I can remember. We are supposed to get a shower on Tuesday, so Wednesday I hope to search the mudbank for some relics.
 
I did have something funny happen. While I was scavenging the aisles for something good, there was a group of three girls (my guess sisters) following me 90% of the time. Of course I thought they all looked rather hot, so I did my signature move: Stay back and keep your mouth shut. I did play it up a little. I picked up a large 1800s sledge hammer head that weighed a good 30 lbs., and made sure that they saw that I could lift "heavy" objects.:laughing7:

On the way back to the front, I passed the safe cure bottle. I knew what it was, but I kept walking, knowing that they were following me. I did an about face, yelled out "SAFE CURE!" to my dad elsewhere in the store, and almost plowed head on into them, which of course, set them into a fit of giggles.
 
folks,

About the best I can do treasure wise was a recovery I made as a favour New Year's day in the snow 2017. The chap had it custom made almost 1 ounce of 14k white gold encrusted in diamonds at a cost of $26,000.

He's a happy camper....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • DSC02372 (2).webp
    DSC02372 (2).webp
    391.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC02372 (220x232).webp
    DSC02372 (220x232).webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 87
Nope, didn't buy it, lol! That would be nice though.

heh welp... you can lead a horse to water... but never make it drink :)

You tell me then if that's the chain around my neck or not :P

:)

PICT0001-3 (1).webp
 
ARC,

Yep that's a chain alright and a good one that deserves a song....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

 
Eat ya heart out ARCf1017f557ee6a25cb422c89c58435234.webp:laughing7:
 
That picture just screams 1980s.:laughing7:

That's cuz it was :P

I distinctly remember that trip ... on the way home we were approaching the Skyway Bridge... we were within a few miles of it when it was struck by a vessel ...
Collapsing it.
 
I am shoving off as well...

Steady as she goes my fellow peeps.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom