What's new

RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow the second Invasion of the North will commence! A single regiment consisting of my dad and myself, will be probing the Ohio River for old stuff. WD, Take cover!
 
RR,

Good luck on your foray north watch out for those damn yankees....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

As far as coming up short on your latest hunt that's how detecting goes sometimes. Or as a detecting buddy from NYC used to say "sometimes you're the dog and other times you're the fire hydrant".....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
 
Bill, have you started the defense classes yet?
 
RR,

Good luck on your foray north watch out for those damn yankees....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

As far as coming up short on your latest hunt that's how detecting goes sometimes. Or as a detecting buddy from NYC used to say "sometimes you're the dog and other times you're the fire hydrant".....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Like I said, I ain't done yet. I still see green grass. :laughing7:
 
RR,
JUST remember when detecting, low and slow and I know it sounds funny but it's a mental thing as well as the detecting. I've detected for a while now and their are days that mentally it just not your day because of things you need to be doing elsewhere. Been there, done that.
 
I made one of my favorite dinners last night. Desert Southwest pasta.

Just grab a small can of green chiles, Rotel tomatoes, cooked noodles, Mexican spices like chili powder, Cumin, a little bit of onion powder, or just grab taco seasoning. Next, fry up some ground meat, and mix the spices with butter, or a little bit of cream, once the meat is brown. Add the cooked noodles, stir, and eat up! I'm starving to death just typing this...
You can also fry up the ground hamburger with a bag of frozen sofritos, which is a mixture of onions and green and red peppers, a base for several Cuban and Puerto Rican dishes.
That mixed with Rotel green chiles tomatoes served over yellow rice is another variation.
 
Two woman talking.
One asking the other: "how is it to be married to an Archeologist?"
The other: "NICE! The older I get, the more he is interested in me!"
 
my female cat i had for 12 years passed around noon today
 
GB,

Sorry about the loss of your cat we really get attached to our pets and it's always a tough ordeal.
 
I'm very sorry to hear that GB.
 
I've been detecting since noon, and only managed to pull out a 1953 wheatie. Not bad, but I'm sure there's more somewhere...
 
RR,

Never give up with enough effort a keeper will show up eventually.
 
folks,

Here's a home made pasta recipe to try. Since a lot of areas don't have pancetta you could use some bacon instead for the sauce.



 
Bummer bout the cat G.B..
Them critters get to being part of our lives....
 
Sorry to hear GB1.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom