For the first time, in over 157 years, the flag of the 54th Virginia Infantry flies again in Boone Furnace! I took a confederate flag, and hand painted the regimental number, and state abbreviation, exactly like the original. I wonder what those soldiers 157 years ago would think of this tribute.
My flag.
The original
View attachment 1740010
View attachment 1740103 Thinking of relocating![]()

you could help me clean up a little bit! I was "cooking" and now there is a real bloody mess from kitchen down to the cellar and into the backyard where I also have to cover a human size hole very quickly. 



my freezer door frozen in place with ice because it was left open for 2 weeks. Water on my teak and holly floor from melting ice. Every halogen light left on for 2 weeks contributing to the 105 degree heat. Heres a pic of my freezer locked in the open position by frost/ice build up
I turned off everything and walked away in disgust after sopping up the standing water on the floor. I tried to have a civil conversation with my partner but could not keep my temper from boiling over. I told him I was gonna hang up because I was just to pissed to say anything constructive and hopefully I'll be calmer and more relaxed in the morning.......well I'm not !! I feel very betrayed and let down by someone I trusted with responsibility.......guess I'll hire my own mate to watch this stuff when I'm gone on these voyages. What a disappointment !!Right on par as always WD.....your right. The anger will pass and then it's back to fixing this mess.Bart, tell him, “ Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” Ok for you to be ticked, but sooner you forgive, sooner you will have peace.