RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also been working on my album Farm Finds. Apparently you can't post a pic to it unless you've posted it somewhere on the site, besides as an avatar. So here is my recent but now old avatar. It is 10 years ago. My first find on the farm. Tom, I don't need advice on cleaning the rust off! LOL!

View attachment 1599065

Wow we are making good time !! Gonna get to Charleston early. Might try to detect somewhere. Gotta get the 2nd mate to wash this pig !! Then I can detect !
! This is some strange wifi on the boat. Sometimes its great and sometimes it sucks. Close to the beach now so its good.

Tough to zero in with just an afternoon , but ill try. History is everywhere in this town.

Yup I love it. I have spots but they all depend how much time I have and how close they are to the boat. I do have a nice spot on the beach here. Ever seen the movie "glory" with matthew brodrick, and morgan freeman ? Ill pass over the hunly wreck spot and then go right by ft summter. There were many other minor batteries in the Johnson island area that I have studied as well. Just wont have the time to get into those spots, I would need several days to zero in good. Maybe ill get lucky, you just never know.

Rolling up on ft summter now, ill take a pic as we go by.

photo-912.JPG
The camera sucks on this phone, but there she is !!

Sullivans island it is

This is really pretty cool! It's like reality treasure hunting reporting.

Blak bart, Florida treasure hunter and fisherman, incorporating his special assignment with treasure hunting escapades along the way. He's keeping his readers glued to the screen, watching for updates on the Random Chat Thread. They know he has an abundance of possibilities. Any and all will reveal a little bit of history of this country. Will he find anything? Will it be gold? Silver? Relic? Will it be Banner worthy? Will it be the Mother Lode?!?!

We won't know until it happens. So stay tuned in to the Random Chat Thread all you Tnetters.

HA HA! I love it! I am excited for you, Blak bart! Happy Hunting!

gold boy,

A little story for you about being seasick....lol.

In my single days Barbados was my vacation spot of choice a group of us chartered a fishing boat for the day it was a pretty decent size and cost about $500 U.S. for the day circa 1975 which was a lot of money back then.

Well there was this gal on the beach who was working as a journalist for the tourist industry and she conned us in to tag along on the outing to write up a story. We agreed and didn't charge her anything for the free ride.

As it turned out after we got a few miles off shore the waves/swells were probably 6 feet or more and at some point we were actually getting around the deck on all fours not to get tossed overboard....lol.

Well this gal turned green from the motion and was moaning that she wanted to go back to shore and we said sorry no way we weren't going to forego the rest of the trip so we set her up with a comfortable spot and some blankets out of the way....somehow I doubt she managed to write a positive report on the outing....lol.

We had a great time drinking Banks beer and Mont Gay rum and eating whatever munchies they had available.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bart i would of been sea sick all day long

IF ever on a boat and begin to feel sick...

Immediately move to the stern area and stay there... AKA the "rear" of the boat.

This will MOST times begin subsiding the feeling.

The stern does not move as much... especially under way.

AARC,

Another thing I've noticed is people who tend to get seasick tighten up when the motion kicks in. The trick at least for me is just to walk around the boat like a drunken sailor and not fight it.

I've never had a problem.

Regards + HH

Bill

IF ever on a boat and begin to feel sick...

Immediately move to the stern area and stay there... AKA the "rear" of the boat.

This will MOST times begin subsiding the feeling.

The stern does not move as much... especially under way.

no you always barf against the wind :laughing7:

gold boy,

Thanks for the chuckles....we're going to have to get you out with Blak Bart on that boat to toughen you up....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Carry this if you tend to get motion sick...

91f-WDXSi-L__SY450_.jpg

gold boy,

Thanks for the chuckles....we're going to have to get you out with Blak Bart on that boat to toughen you up....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

i do not want on a boat anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back