What's new

Real or Fake ?

smokedaddy

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
329
Reaction score
104
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum / Fisher 1266X / Minelab Sovereign Elite/ Garrett AT/Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought this arrow at a show about 10 years ago and have always wondered if I got hosed. The guy I bought it from said it was from a collection that he purchased and was breaking it up. Is it the real deal ?. Thanks

ForumRunner_20130902_085633.webp



ForumRunner_20130902_085649.webp



ForumRunner_20130902_085707.webp
 
Upvote 0
Sure looks like shoe polish on that arrow point.
Take a cotton swab with some rubbing alcohol and wipe the point..bet it comes off.
 
There is no way the feathers would still be there.
It looks like a decent reproduction commonly sold at shows and pow wows
 
Nice wall hanger either way.
 
View attachment 856204View attachment 856205arrows 002.webpSmokedaddy that man blew smoke up your, (well you know). If an arrow was time period it would not have any deer sinew or feathers left on it that was in that good of shape. Another give away is the sinew is to perfect, the notch is not made right and the shaft is just to straight. I think I may know the guy that made that arrow because the red color was his style, not for sure but it looks like one that came from Alexandra La. These are some arrows that I make to hunt with and for wall hangers to sell to folks. If you paid more than $30 then he took you, if not that is retail price.
 
Thanks Monsterack, I paid 40.00. for it. Also thanks to all who replied..Life has learning curves at every corner. I'll keep it hanging on the wall.
 
Thanks Monsterack, I paid 40.00. for it. Also thanks to all who replied..Life has learning curves at every corner. I'll keep it hanging on the wall.

Hey bud, don't feel bad. I got burned on the only purchase I've ever made, as far as artifacts. I wish I could say my loss was $40.00. I am self employed, and my business has artifacts as well as interesting rocks sitting around as decoration. I guess people see my interest, therefor, they are always coming in wanting to sell me "artifacts they found as a kid". I never buy them or even pay them much mind, for that matter. A few months back a guy came in with a couple of "finds" I couldn't ignore. They were so God awful, I had to act interested in them, so I could take pictures. One looked a lot like what you have here.

image-908679950.webp

I think I smell Kiwi!!!
 
NC, ha ha. He thought he had something special.. That middle one looks like it was made from a bicycle sprocket..
 
I hate that I don't buy lol
 
I have a couple of those too but I bought them from a bow hunter that made them to be used and swore by them.
 
I bought a fake on purpose once. As a learning tool. Just look at it as lesson learned and hang it on the wall anyways. I'm sure it still looks cool!

I agree with monstertrack.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom