Real treasure isn't found with metal detector.

Dec 8, 2023
hello, I have found many real Ent treasures, but I never use a metal detector and I will never buy a metal detector. I have found all my treasures, including Ent, using my senses including smell. Ents did not believe in the use of metal so using a metal detector, would not help me there anyway. but, it is not only treasure of Ent lore that I have discovered! many other historic object I have found, from other cultures and races, I have discovered using my senses. These sense are: smell, sight, hearing, touch, and taste. I use all of these on my expeditions, with great success.

I am happy to answer the question about my techniques. Thanks You.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are absolutely correct, you don't need to use a detector to find treasure. Almost 40 years ago before I even had a detector, I found a treasure. As you might have guessed, it was my wife, but the real thing is, is that her maiden name really was Treasure ! A true story.

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
You are absolutely correct, you don't need to use a detector to find treasure. Almost 40 years ago before I even had a detector, I found a treasure. As you might have guessed, it was my wife, but the real thing is, is that her maiden name really was Treasure ! A true story.
That's so cool

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I need to know more about ent treasure. Hercule, you said that you are happy answer any questions.
Question: How does this work?
Question 2: Where did you learn about it?

Thanks

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a beachcomber....most of my treasures come from eyeballing stuff.....after years and years of beachcombing I started to notice smaller and smaller things in and on the sand....I wondered about the black glass shards, and pottery pieces at certain spots....then I found a pipe bowl marked Lopez 1640, and that got me wondering 🤔 then it happened.....laying on top of the sand in plain sight was a spanish marevedi with a date of 1621 !!

Then the Epiphany hit me.....what if I had a metaldetector??? Wow !! And then I realized....the black glass is broken spanish onion bottles!!.....the pottery is broken spanish olive jars !!......the funny looking rocks are ballast stones !! And the coins could be treasure !!

Beachcombing started everything, and that eyeballed marevedi was just the first of many other treasures. Now I recognize the clues of colonial spanish occupation. And even some of there symbols as well, but everything started with the eyeball clue finds first !!

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
As a beachcomber....most of my treasures come from eyeballing stuff.....after years and years of beachcombing I started to notice smaller and smaller things in and on the sand....I wondered about the black glass shards, and pottery pieces at certain spots....then I found a pipe bowl marked Lopez 1640, and that got me wondering 🤔 then it happened.....laying on top of the sand in plain sight was a spanish marevedi with a date of 1621 !!

Then the Epiphany hit me.....what if I had a metaldetector??? Wow !! And then I realized....the black glass is broken spanish onion bottles!!.....the pottery is broken spanish olive jars !!......the funny looking rocks are ballast stones !! And the coins could be treasure !!

Beachcombing started everything, and that eyeballed marevedi was just the first of many other treasures. Now I recognize the clues of colonial spanish occupation. And even some of there symbols as well, but everything started with the eyeball clue finds first !!
Good point! I started digging in old dumps. Visual finds for sure. Didn’t buy a detector until a few years later (1970-71).

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always looking at the ground. The side pocket on my driver's side door has stuff in I pick up off the ground. I have to disagree that real treasure isn't found with a metal detector. There's been some major treasure finds discovered by the use of a metal detector. Waiting to see you disprove that to your method in showing what you found.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
hello, I have found many real Ent treasures, but I never use a metal detector and I will never buy a metal detector. I have found all my treasures, including Ent, using my senses including smell. Ents did not believe in the use of metal so using a metal detector, would not help me there anyway. but, it is not only treasure of Ent lore that I have discovered! many other historic object I have found, from other cultures and races, I have discovered using my senses. These sense are: smell, sight, hearing, touch, and taste. I use all of these on my expeditions, with great success.

Questions answered ?
Alright.
Are you one of the damned ants using your senses on my kitchen sink in your expeditions?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always looking at the ground. The side pocket on my driver's side door has stuff in I pick up off the ground. I have to disagree that real treasure isn't found with a metal detector. There's been some major treasure finds discovered by the use of a metal detector. Waiting to see you disprove that to your method in showing what you found.
Now I get it. You found a girl last name Treasure, well good for you.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi, you sound like a sensitive person, that has skills few have.....
What's an Ent...?
I too have been given the privilege to do nearly the same, and get paid for it!
Ideal situations!
Anyway , my eyes have been at the forefront of my employment - looking for old stuff. Cultural materials on the surface lead to documentation, further study, and preservation, conservation .
Its all good. :icon_thumright:

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's an Ent...?

Ent.jpg

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read all this guys posts
Gobbledegook

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that post TR. My truck's the same way. Old bullets, pot sherds, various lithic artifacts, etc. And an ice scraper.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that post TR. My truck's the same way. Old bullets, pot sherds, various lithic artifacts, etc. And an ice scraper.
I learned from my bride to be in California there were mornings you'd have frost rarely in the mornings at times in sunny California. She having experienced this phenomenon before didn't have an ice scraper. Instead she pulled out a credit card and shaved that frost off rather well with that method. All the time I was thinking an ice scraper was needed. That's something they just don't think about having out there. That was the day I learned the California way to scape frost off your windshield.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread