What's new

Recent finds and a what is it

Jonandval

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 1, 2015
Messages
5
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are new to this site and wanted to share some recent finds, and also have a what is it? The one that we are curious abt is the one that looks like some sort of crystal. It looks like see flaking on both sides so I was thinking maybe an unfinished arrowhead. I would like to know what yall think and what type of material it is. We are located in NW Georgia, thanks.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    635.9 KB · Views: 86
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    536.6 KB · Views: 77
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    565.5 KB · Views: 88
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    609 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0
Nice finds! Welcome aboard. A few Georgia folks on here that can help.
 
That one in question looks like Tennessee material to me there's probably a more proper name for it but I would just call it Tennessee blue it looks like it has a damaged stem and the blade portion has been resharpened down to just a nub I think it could have been a turkey tail or something along those lines
 
Thanks for the comments, its a weird piece for sure. I see a lot of the material laying on the ground but most of the arrowheads I see from here is either flint or quartz. I know it looks like an arrowhead to me, but I just wanted to get several opinions on it.
 
Not sure of the material, but because of the assymetric form, I would probably call it a knife form, and well used.
 
Thanks for the comments, its a weird piece for sure. I see a lot of the material laying on the ground but most of the arrowheads I see from here is either flint or quartz. I know it looks like an arrowhead to me, but I just wanted to get several opinions on it.

Welcome to the site and my neck of the woods. You know that darn slag comes in all colors and shapes it has fooled me many times. Nice woodland points
 
I just sent you a private message be on the look for it
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom