diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be nice if R J c isn't banned permanent,the man has a lot to say...like it or not!

GOD Bless

Chris
He hasn't been banned again has he? I see nothing mentioning it.

My brother in law just got a bump fire stock and another 100 round mag for his AR-15. He's still working on his bunker. He said, "I ain't quite there yet, another year to 18 months and I'll be stockpiled and ready." Some prepping going on in the Ga. woods, lol.

ps- Welcome back Chadeaux.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sometimes I do too Chris... just saying :dontknow:

Welcome back Chadeaux!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, almost didn't make it though!

Still getting used to this new seam on my chest ... it kinda resembles the way I saw that woman lace up the turkey before she baked it.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, almost didn't make it though!

Still getting used to this new seam on my chest ... it kinda resembles the way I saw that woman lace up the turkey before she baked it.
Ouch! A friend of ours just had a quadruple bypass. She is only 47. If I don't calm down some, I'll be next.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys how goes it?Sorry for the delay,caught up in a big pile of B.S.thanks for the welcome back.I missed shooting the bull with all of you.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Red!! How's life treating you lately?

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Red... here ya are! We were getting ready to bust ya out. Good thing they let ya go.... Welcome back.... Brad

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok I'm gonna rant for a minute.... Have about a 2000 sq. ft. home, 1100 sq. ft. deck, 28 x 40 x 10 workshop and 8 acres for sale. This couple from Nashville wanted to move to the country and made an offer. Like $25,000 below the listing price. I said no. So they raised it $2,000. I said no. Then they raised it $2,000 more. I said no. I did come off $12,000 and stuck with it. They said no. Fine I think. A week goes by and they accept my offer. Good for me. So they hire a home inspector to do his thing. They must have "tipped" him extra. I'm surprised he didn't find a squeaky hinge!!!!! This guy just made up many flaws and documented them on paper as "fact". I'm sent a copy of the report through email and a phone call from my realtor. They said they'd take the home "as is" if I'd take there 1st offer. I said HELL NO!!!! I then took the report and responded in detail what is wrong with it and what I would fix or not fix. The buyers didn't like that.... and said "No thanks....we're walking away". GOOD! So, 3 days later my relator calls and said if I'd fix what I said I would they'd pay my price. I said I'd think about it now... 1 day, 2 days and the next I never got back. But I did fix the things I said I would.

Now the buyers are really concerned on day 3. Their relator calls mine and say's these folks are really nervous now about what Brad's thinking. There're "sorry" now for making such a fuss and circus out of it. Both relator's thought the buyers thought I needed to sell the house more then they needed it. They were totally wrong! I told'em I'd let them know tomorrow. So I sunk about $250.00 in repairs and did all the work myself and accepted the offer I had earlier accepted. I just hope I don't regret selling to them because I am the closest house to them. We're off to a bad start.

Rant done.....

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I'm gonna rant for a minute.... Have about a 2000 sq. ft. home, 1100 sq. ft. deck, 28 x 40 x 10 workshop and 8 acres for sale. This couple from Nashville wanted to move to the country and made an offer. Like $25,000 below the listing price. I said no. So they raised it $2,000. I said no. Then they raised it $2,000 more. I said no. I did come off $12,000 and stuck with it. They said no. Fine I think. A week goes by and they accept my offer. Good for me. So they hire a home inspector to do his thing. They must have "tipped" him extra. I'm surprised he didn't find a squeaky hinge!!!!! This guy just made up many flaws and documented them on paper as "fact". I'm sent a copy of the report through email and a phone call from my realtor. They said they'd take the home "as is" if I'd take there 1st offer. I said HELL NO!!!! I then took the report and responded in detail what is wrong with it and what I would fix or not fix. The buyers didn't like that.... and said "No thanks....we're walking away". GOOD! So, 3 days later my relator calls and said if I'd fix what I said I would they'd pay my price. I said I'd think about it now... 1 day, 2 days and the next I never got back. But I did fix the things I said I would.

Now the buyers are really concerned on day 3. Their relator calls mine and say's these folks are really nervous now about what Brad's thinking. There're "sorry" now for making such a fuss and circus out of it. Both relator's thought the buyers thought I needed to sell the house more then they needed it. They were totally wrong! I told'em I'd let them know tomorrow. So I sunk about $250.00 in repairs and did all the work myself and accepted the offer I had earlier accepted. I just hope I don't regret selling to them because I am the closest house to them. We're off to a bad start.

Rant done.....

They complained over trivial BS? If it only cost 250 to repair.....Some banks have a home inspector look for code violations and such. Those must be fixed before they will loan any money. Details Brad...pics of the problem/repair:laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They complained over trivial BS? If it only cost 250 to repair.....Some banks have a home inspector look for code violations and such. Those must be fixed before they will loan any money. Details Brad...pics of the problem/repair:laughing7:

Quit your laughing buddy.... I still got my panties in a wad!!!!

1. Inspector said pellet stove was TOTALLY set up wrong. Said vent pipe should be 3 ft. above roof line. He stated "That's why the vinyl siding below the pipe has melted. WRONG!!! I had triple insulated pipe run through wall with 1/2" foam board over the 1/2 plywood then vinyl siding. The exhaust pipe came straight out from wall 18" then vented downward. Some vinyl siding melted because my dad started up the stove and didn't rake the leaves away from the downspout. They got on fire and I caught it quickly but some vinyl had melted below the pipe. I said the exhaust pipe is installed correctly and I had no problems for the next 16 years with the stove. The foam around the exterior pipe was in perfect condition. (IDIOT) The buyer wanted the stove.... Its now pulled out, in my new shop and the vinyl siding has been replaced.... DONE!

2. Said the Master bedroom toilet "rocked".... Hell I looked at it... tried to rock it... and looked for signs of a leaking wax ring. I couldn't move it at all. (IDIOT)

3. Said the "wrong" hardware was installed incorrectly to control the toilet water when flushed.... Works perfectly.... (IDIOT)

4. Said the ceiling fan in the living doesn't turn on... "Have a professional electrician look into the problem". All he had to do was turn on the wall switch first. (IDIOT) Works perfectly.

5. Said the left sink in the Master Bath drips water... "Have a professional plumber look into the problem". All he had to do was turn off the knob completely off. Works perfectly. (IDIOT)

Now I did spend money and worked on some minor items like.... Installing rubber boots over the vent pipes on new metal roof my mother had installed. Replacing 2 dozen deck boards on the floor, railing and steps. Installing a vent pipe below the home from the hot water heater and installing a couple of wall outlet boxes. And I had to "fix" the faucet that water ran from when moving the handle from left to right. I tried to tighten the seal.... clean the seal.... retighten the seal... and finally spent the money and just replaced the entire unit. I couldn't just get the seals....!

Said I needed a termite inspection.... no problem. They came and did there inspection. Said no termite's found or any damage from them. But they did find evidence of them from a long time ago under the house (2 tunnels). My dad had a company under contract for 15 years to control this problem. So now I got to pay for them to come out and fill / treat these 2 old tunnels... (IDIOTS)

Last but not least.... The inspector said the shrubs need to be trimmed away from the home by a landscaper....... (IDIOT).

The only "Professional" that did all that work was ME for a handful of dollars.... Not the 6-7 thousand there inspector said it would all cost!!!!!! Now I'm all geeked up again and don't even want to sell it to them.... I can't wait to see what's coming next after they move in. My 5 dogs still think that's just part of our home.

NOT ONE CODE VIOLATION FOUND!!!!!! Bank appraiser is coming out next week.... can't wait!!!!!

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quit your laughing buddy.... I still got my panties in a wad!!!!

1. Inspector said pellet stove was TOTALLY set up wrong. Said vent pipe should be 3 ft. above roof line. He stated "That's why the vinyl siding below the pipe has melted. WRONG!!! I had triple insulated pipe run through wall with 1/2" foam board over the 1/2 plywood then vinyl siding. The exhaust pipe came straight out from wall 18" then vented downward. Some vinyl siding melted because my dad started up the stove and didn't rake the leaves away from the downspout. They got on fire and I caught it quickly but some vinyl had melted below the pipe. I said the exhaust pipe is installed correctly and I had no problems for the next 16 years with the stove. The foam around the exterior pipe was in perfect condition. (IDIOT) The buyer wanted the stove.... Its now pulled out, in my new shop and the vinyl siding has been replaced.... DONE!

2. Said the Master bedroom toilet "rocked".... Hell I looked at it... tried to rock it... and looked for signs of a leaking wax ring. I couldn't move it at all. (IDIOT)

3. Said the "wrong" hardware was installed incorrectly to control the toilet water when flushed.... Works perfectly.... (IDIOT)

4. Said the ceiling fan in the living doesn't turn on... "Have a professional electrician look into the problem". All he had to do was turn on the wall switch first. (IDIOT) Works perfectly.

5. Said the left sink in the Master Bath drips water... "Have a professional plumber look into the problem". All he had to do was turn off the knob completely off. Works perfectly. (IDIOT)

Now I did spend money and worked on some minor items like.... Installing rubber boots over the vent pipes on new metal roof my mother had installed. Replacing 2 dozen deck boards on the floor, railing and steps. Installing a vent pipe below the home from the hot water heater and installing a couple of wall outlet boxes. And I had to "fix" the faucet that water ran from when moving the handle from left to right. I tried to tighten the seal.... clean the seal.... retighten the seal... and finally spent the money and just replaced the entire unit. I couldn't just get the seals....!

Last but not least.... The inspector said the shrubs need to be trimmed away from the home by a landscaper....... (IDIOT).

The only "Professional" that did all that work was ME for a handful of dollars.... Not the 6-7 thousand there inspector said it would all cost!!!!!! Now I'm all geeked up again and don't even want to sell it to them.... I can't wait to see what's coming next after they move in. My 5 dogs still think that's just part of our home.

There is water coming atta the faucet? Oh boy....:laughing7: Sorry.../
Don't let them start crawling around in the attic...or under the home. They might find spider webs or dirt!
What kind of feeling do you get from this guy? Call me paranoid but I would check this guy out.
It's also possible he has been burned before, or knows nothing about houses, sinks toilets stoves etc.

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is water coming atta the faucet? Oh boy....:laughing7: Sorry.../
Don't let them start crawling around in the attic...or under the home. They might find spider webs or dirt!
What kind of feeling do you get from this guy? Call me paranoid but I would check this guy out.

Without spending a lot of money on background checks I don't know what else to do.... I don't think it's him so much but his wife. He's the former rock drummer playing along Sunset Strip, some touring and then he had to get another job I told you about. I just don't know how you can move from metro Nashville to this ridge top. WHAT A QUICK CHANGE!!!!!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I hired an inspector to check out this house befoire I rehabbed it.
He found an uncovered junction box in the attic I would have missed. He missed a crack in a toilet.
Turns out he was an ex sister in laws ex husband. We used to live next to each other and wrench on stuff.:occasion14:
Some one offers less than ten percent of an asking price might get one counter offer from me.
From previous buying experience I got to telling them to keep it if they tried to add a dollar to my offer(usually to change or fix something to allow sale approval from someone beyond myself) after liking my counter offer.
Get off that shstuff cause theirs plenty of fish out there.

If they're willing to give you your askin price, you might have a sale.
Any realtor suggesting I'm trying to unload a place and will be willing to take less than I was asking for that reason would be told to take a hike.
If wanting to get rid of it was a priority would not my asking price reflect that? Then why would some one representing my interest make such a statement ,unless they're trying to outguess me. That is not why I would use a realtor now is it realtor? You are fired, hit the road, good luck..
After my obligation time period elapsed another realtor would list it with instructions agreed to before my committal including to not be stupid about representing me.

Hell's angels prolly goin to show up for the house warmin...:laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread