What's new

River Otter

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
2,349
Reaction score
8,462
Golden Thread
0
Location
Idaho
Definitely a snapshot.....Managed to stop and get one quick shot from the pickup window, before he dove in the river and disappeared.... This morning a few miles from home.
 

Attachments

  • 00111.webp
    00111.webp
    240.1 KB · Views: 91
for some unknown reason I like otters
 
Neat little animal they are. I've only seen River Otter in the wild once, outside of seeing Sea Otter a few times off the northern California coast.
 
Nice snapshot, Ron! I used to see them occasionally on the Salmon river when fishing for steelhead. Sometimes a whole group would go right by me. Neat critters!
Jim
 
That's a nice snapshot, and an animal rarely seen. Good to know they're still around.
 
My wife and I were supprised by a family of otters while we were fishing just south of Livingston Mt. along the Yellowstone river. That was 16 years ago. They are a fun and playful animal to watch.
 
Last edited:
That was a quick snapshot in a second or two he’d be in the river! Good job. They look like a giant mink.
 
Thanks Every one, This is the Clearwater River in North Central Idaho. I have seen them here occasionally, but not as often as when I lived in Oregon. There are quite a few of them there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom