Rock art? posted just the woodpecker before

xrockhunterx

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soo, I originally just took a picture of this woodpecker, but I think this other stuff is pretty interesting when put with it. These are all taken within a couple thousand feet.

DSC_0146.JPG

This is 3 sides of the same rock and each side appears to be a bear
art22.jpg art9.jpg art7.jpg

deer? 2 different styles
art6.jpg
art2.jpg

anteater? platypus? and oops, put eye marker in wrong spot..
art11.jpg

red and blue painted bird?
art16.jpg art15.jpg

jumping frog?
art17.jpg

Birds?
art18.jpg art19.jpg art20.jpg art21.jpg art14.jpg art8.jpg art13.jpg
art12.jpg

Cow?
art10.jpg

alligator?
art1.jpg

Dunno?
art5.jpg

These are a decomposing wood or maybe a decomposed peat or something, I'm no expert..
art23.jpg art24.jpg Art3.jpg art4.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rockhunter there is other parts of Tnet that use rocks as signs from the past maybe you should try that part of the site and see what they say. I dont really see what others do on the rocks they post but you might find it interesting. Check it out, rock

OP
OP
X

xrockhunterx

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmm

Do you know what section that is? I looked around and didnt see it right away.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
it appears that there was a recent fire in the area of your rock which would explain the fact that the stones natural surfaced has been "weathered" in an abrupt way. If there were actual paintings or carvings on the rock you would nothave to ask us, it would be obvious. the red color you see is aften associated with rock that has been exposed to heat.

OP
OP
X

xrockhunterx

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was under the impression the heat cause the rock to expand, and rather than breaking in naturally weak spots, it cracked in places that had been cut in. The red color I have seen in more rocks, not the blue to go with it.
w

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
this rock was severly weathered with all kinds of fractures and the heat made "pops" all over the surface. Stone can be "old" too believe it or not, and "old" igneous rock (like what this one looks like) can crumble to the touch.

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like what rocks look like when types of lichens are pulled off of them...or flakes of the stone fracture off. You can see the lichens still attached after the "deer" looking rock...I would suspect that if you were to pull the rest of them off, it wouldn't look like a cartoon deer anymore, as it only looks like one because of the plant matter.

Also, in the "Birds?" photos you can clearly see more lichens all over some of those rocks, and see the roots (of a lichen or similar plant) still attached next to one of the images, and the recently removed flakes piled up at the base of another.

Finally...the "decomposing wood or peat" appears to be the recently removed lichens or similar plant matter with the root system evident where it was attached to the stone.

....Of course...I'm no expert either.

But, as stated before...in most cases, rock carvings and paintings don't require any imagination to see them, they stand out, even if you don't know what the image is supposed to depict.

OP
OP
X

xrockhunterx

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know they are pretty raw and require a splash of imagination to see each shape, but once you see them, its like ohh. These are just a few samples of the hundreds I have found. It is not the quality as much as the quantity. Why is the lichen growing in these shapes? I notice the same thing but assumed maybe it wasn't growing over the cracks in the rock or something? The decomposing stuff was pulled from the ground. I find a ton of the same shaped 'peat' or whatever. I dunno, I just started noticing consistencies in the rocks.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of this belongs in an artifact forum.
We get enough rocks as it is.
When I was younger I ate some mushrooms that would make these cool.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
i see shapes in the clouds in the sky too......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread