Roman lead figurine.

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, I found this lead Roman figurine in my finds.
I've been collecting potteries from a construction site. The potteries where thrown in an other area and over them, another building is going to be constructed. What a shame. I've also used the Deus and I've found coins, rings and other stuff. Lately, I placed all the potteries in the garden, to be washed under the heavy rains. I remember very well the day and where I found this piece of lead. I didn't even realise it had a shape, it was very dirty. Right hand and the left leg are bended and it's normal, that's lead. Here are some pictures off the potteries too.
P_20220421_214357_1.jpg
P_20220421_090608_1_1_1.jpg

P_20220421_214349_1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 16

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that's a cool refind.
A save from the scrap bucket now I assume.

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually, I found this lead Roman figurine in my finds.
I've been collecting potteries from a construction site. The potteries where thrown in an other area and over them, another building is going to be constructed. What a shame. I've also used the Deus and I've found coins, rings and other stuff. Lately, I placed all the potteries in the garden, to be washed under the heavy rains. I remember very well the day and where I found this piece of lead. I didn't even realise it had a shape, it was very dirty. Right hand and the left leg are bended and it's normal, that's lead. Here are some pictures off the pottet too. View attachment 2022304 View attachment 2022305

View attachment 2022303
Vince,

Great finds, I would have loved to be on that hunt with you. It looks like a very productive site and bonus they are digging the ground up for you. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some big pot shards compared to what we pick up!

Not really familiar with Roman Lead Statues, I once had a homemade Lead Lion's head thingy.
I have also found Roman Lead Test pieces, like Buckles & Rings made of Lead from a Metal Working Site, so it makes me wonder if it were a Test Piece? Not sure...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread