Kevin O

Greenie
Dec 28, 2013
Punta Gorda Florida
Detector(s) used
GARRET ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up my first detector about a week ago.. Garret ACE 350. Cant wait to get it all figured out I was inspired by the show Diggers.. Of all the hobbys Ive had it will be nice to have one that can actually pay for itself.. I live in Punta Gorda Florida if theres anyone else in my area or clubs please PM me your info.. O,YEAH.. Whats the best way to clean the coins I find without messing them up?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet..JPG Welcome to the forum and a great hobby. Regular clad coins can be used in a Coin Star machine as they are. Or you may choose to wash them in soapy water, rinse and let dry before rolling them. Never clean an older coin till you are sure it isn't worth big $$$$$. If it is old, try not to take any dirt off by rubbing it in your fingers.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome.

NoBootyYet

Dec 3, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Birmingham, Alabama and happy hunting to you. Be sure to share your cool finds as well as the things that you learn.

OP
OP
K

Kevin O

Greenie
Dec 28, 2013
Punta Gorda Florida
Detector(s) used
GARRET ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys.. Thanks Sandman for the cleaning tips.. Hopefully I find some picture worthy finds real soon..

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kevin!, Welcome to the most addicting Hobby ever.

Are you planning on hunting beaches? or just anythign old?

I would totally spend the money to cross the bridge to Boca Grande and hunt down near the Lighthouse. There really isnt alot of people down that way and the people that Vaca there have some bucks!

Or you could ventru out to Fort Myers and hit some old areas there...I was born and raised in Fort Myers, and really wish i would have detected when I lived there.

Best of luck my freind!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from N.Mississippi

OP
OP
K

Kevin O

Greenie
Dec 28, 2013
Punta Gorda Florida
Detector(s) used
GARRET ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna check out Boca Grande real soon.. There seams to be allot of history in the sw FL area I moved here two years ago from Islamorada. I'm gonna take a trip to the local library soon and see what kinda old maps I can find to help steer me in the right direction..
Hey Kevin!, Welcome to the most addicting Hobby ever.

Are you planning on hunting beaches? or just anythign old?

I would totally spend the money to cross the bridge to Boca Grande and hunt down near the Lighthouse. There really isnt alot of people down that way and the people that Vaca there have some bucks!

Or you could ventru out to Fort Myers and hit some old areas there...I was born and raised in Fort Myers, and really wish i would have detected when I lived there.

Best of luck my freind!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread