Sasquatch, Big Foot, Skunk Ape, Boggy Creek Legend

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've spent enough time in the Scatters with enough different people to confidently say that's legend. Hard to believe, I know. It makes for great talk and campfire stories for the out-of-towners visiting. I'm a couple hours from Boggy Creek and have many friends from the area. Never heard any of them confirm it.

Yeah, I'm being "that guy" I suppose. :laughing7:
All viewpoints appreciated and respected fellow Arkie! That,s what makes this such a great place!:laughing7: If the legends aren,t true,they oughta be!:laughing7: Thanks for your perspective and comment. Be careful out there now!

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
I used to believe in lake monsters. Then one day I realized that my desire to believe was not matching up with my knowledge base. The wall fell, and I no longer believe. In other words I was under a long time thought addiction, and I reasoned my way out of it catching my compartmentalization off guard.

My head literally rocked as the cognitive bottleneck broke open.

Let go of the confirmation biases, really think about your beliefs, and why you do believe.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say spring 2015 or 2016. Took place at about 1:00am. I did some research about sightings out there, turns out there are many.
There is a very interesting sighting, maybe in the 90s, don’t exactly recall the year. There was a work crew of about 7 people from the forestry department (in Monache meadows) assembling a bridge that was built in large sections and being air airlifted in. The bridge was being place over the east fork of the upper Kern river where the PCT crossed. In the middle of the day, on a treeless mountain slope about few hundred yards away, was a black object that stood out. As they were all looking at it, all of a sudden it stood up on 2 legs (very tall and big) and proceeded to walk up the mountain-side, away from them. They all watched it disappear over the top. You should be able to find that story.
An interesting chapter in "The Locals," tells of a medic's experience while on a fire near Battle Mountain, NV. My short version: A Sasquatch came wandering into a fire camp with 2nd and 3rd degree burns over much of his body. The medic and an Indin woman treated him. He seemed to trust and be more at ease with the Indin woman. Government officials were notified and he was immediately hauled off to who knows where. ALL of the crew were made to sign "non disclosure" papers, with the threat of loss of job and benefits, along with jail time. My SWAG is the so called "medic," wasn't a medic but one of the fire crew. If he was a medic, he could be easily identified.
Buy the book, it's a great read!

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher gold Bug, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok since I'm bored on this rainy morning and can't go MDing I'll relate my "Bigfoot" story. As a boy growing up in rural western Pa near Johnstown I used to do a lot of hunting. To the mountains west off St Clair road was a logging operation and some public hunting land. It was later sept 1968 Me and a friend were Bow Hunting and scouting an isolated valley which was heavily wooded and thick with laurel and under brush. There was a small creek a run off actually close to a deer trail which was muddy from recent rains. I was studying the deer tracks when I spotted something strange in the mud. It was a foot print A HUGE FOOT PRINT, not the heel but five toes the ball of the foot back to the arch, I could hardly believe it. I looked around but didn't find any other similar tracks I called my friend and we both stared at this impression wondering WTH ????? How could anybody be up here in this isolated woods walking around barefoot with feet THAT BIG? Long story short we got out of there, walked two miles to a logging road then down the mountain. We never said anything to anybody lest they think us crazy or pulling a prank. We went back a day later, we had our rifles this time, relocated the area and the footprint and made a plaster cast of it. I cant remember the dimensions but both my thumbs together were smaller than the big toe, unless some logger was walking around barefoot with really big feet I still cant image how that footprint would have been made in such an area. We later heard stories that the loggers had seen creatures that looked like apes, we never told anyone about this at the time but my friend once brought the cast to school and showed it around. I have a hard time believing in things I cant examine with my five senses but I do believe these creatures exist

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread