What's new

Savannah River point

willjo

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2015
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
2,037
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found two yesterday, a Savannah River point and a knife that looks like it was made in the Conerly style, we find Conerlys in the area
 

Attachments

  • 100_5781.webp
    100_5781.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
Upvote 0
2 Good whole ones thats a good day in my book.
 
A couple of nice ones there I like the serrations on the savanna river
 
Love the lithics of the one on the right! Is it kind of pink? I found just the tip of a point that was kind of a coral pink with a spot of light blue...If only I could find the rest of it. Nice finds!
 
Not taking away a thing from your find, because it is a beautiful point, but I'm not seeing a Savannah River. Great rescue, regardless of the type.
 
Love the lithics of the one on the right! Is it kind of pink? I found just the tip of a point that was kind of a coral pink with a spot of light blue...If only I could find the rest of it. Nice finds!

The coastal plain chert in our are has some really nice colors to it and we find a lot of the colorful points.
 
Not taking away a thing from your find, because it is a beautiful point, but I'm not seeing a Savannah River. Great rescue, regardless of the type.

It is a good possibility it may not be Savannah River, the site has a lot of styles that is very similar and hard to id sometimes.
 
The coastal plain chert in our are has some really nice colors to it and we find a lot of the colorful points.

You are so right. We really are blessed with some beautiful material below the Fall Line here in Georgia.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom