fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
On the bright side, if it was gonna pass anyway, which I'm sure we can all agree it was a done deal to begin with. Better to have it pass now and get right to the legal challenges now rather than wait for another legislative session, or more bogus "supporting" science and data to come out. None of us are getting any younger. On the down side, I'm sure once Ochoa does his thing this will throw more wrenches into the machine and need to be amendended or delayed who knows what they'll come up with.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Ochoa screwed us when he refused to enjoin the water board.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
11:42pm been watching didn't come up now I think its set as "Senate - Unfinished Business"

have to scroll down to it here
Assembly Floor Session Bills

don't know how long it will take to update the status
Bill Status

11:44 "we stand adjourned"................

Last edited:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
anyone see the problem here?

Attachments

• Vote.jpg
    Vote.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 131

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
ive read through this bill and need to go through it many more times to fully understand and look for loop holes for the greenies to grab our behinds. I hate some of these "rulings" like Sec. 2 , (2)(e) not being able to have a dredge in your possession within 100 yards of a stream ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY.thats a bunch of stuff! having public meetings for EACH person that does apply for a "STINKING PERMIT" is asking for trouble at these meetings. I tried this here in Misery and got tons of threat calls to my home on my answering machine and to me personally. I was told on the phone that if I did show up at this "public lynching" that my truck would be vandalized and they would be looking for me. so good luck with that item!

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
[h=5][/h]credit belongs to a facebook contributor

11th Sept 2015, 9:22 pm. Spoke with Ilean at Senetor Tom Berryhill's office, 916-651-4008. Tom Berryhill | 8th Senate District
SB 637 passed as we were speaking. Write letters to Governor Brown, Attn: Legislative Unit, State Capitol, Sacremento, CA 95814. The letter should have, Date, RE: Request for veto SB 637, Dear Governor Brown, Bullet point facts, Thank you for your veto.
Peace and Love Thoughts

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
anyone see the problem here?

Aside from the obvious I will be positive and keep the glass full in saying that I'm encouraged; The California Assembly is roughly 2/3's hard core staunch liberal democrats. Appears to me this type of vote, one that is usually a formality in that you can expect it to be a "party vote", didn't turn out that way. I believe our voices are starting to make a difference. A dose of reality, true facts and the participation of people who normally wouldn't get involved turned a sizable number of their voters. They are gonna have to start paying attention and do what's right if they know we are watching and will be involved. Our government was designed to work for us only if we stayed involved in it's process.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it's nothing that we all hadn't expected to happen. Looking at the list (pre-coffee mind you) I saw that Allen, who had started this bill actually voted against it. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: I've read several versions of this bill and it's got Izzys stench all over it. I'll have to finish waking up here and read the final bill as voted on. I just don't want to start puking from Izzys stench this early in the morning.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry GI, different Allen. That is Travis Allen (R) Huntington Beach, who is the other Allen's district neighbor.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might be wrong I will re-read. But, I think there was wording before that pulled the right of legal challenge to the new regs. I don't see that anymore. plus the part in red on this one. I've read so many rewrites that I just don't remember anymore..

Also does anyone have a copy of the EIR they could send me? Or a link?

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might be wrong I will re-read. But, I think there was wording before that pulled the right of legal challenge to the new regs. I don't see that anymore. plus the part in red on this one. I've read so many rewrites that I just don't remember anymore..

Also does anyone have a copy of the EIR they could send me? Or a link?

You are further down the coffe trail than I am but you should be able to find it here, just scroll down a bit

EDIT it's there in the 2012 section

ratled
https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Licensing/Suction-Dredge-Permits

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahhhh OK Fowled. I don't know the California districts anymore. I just saw one "Allan" on the list as voting. Still seems strange that the guy that started this bill isn't shown as voting on it.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hang in there GI we'll get ya dialed in. Ben Allen is a member of the Senate not the Assembly.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL Still a politico no matter what his level. Y'all need to get rid of all those entrenched politicos that have been there since Moses was in diapers.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, made me sick. We all tried hard, wrote e-mails, made phone calls, many showed up to meetings and presented arguments and talked for hours in mining groups but still nothing working out for us right now. :(

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Aside from the obvious I will be positive and keep the glass full in saying that I'm encouraged; The California Assembly is roughly 2/3's hard core staunch liberal democrats. Appears to me this type of vote, one that is usually a formality in that you can expect it to be a "party vote", didn't turn out that way. I believe our voices are starting to make a difference. A dose of reality, true facts and the participation of people who normally wouldn't get involved turned a sizable number of their voters. They are gonna have to start paying attention and do what's right if they know we are watching and will be involved. Our government was designed to work for us only if we stayed involved in it's process.
"Of the people , by the people , and for the people THAT GET INVOLVED!" unless everyone gets on board and helps, these kinda things will keep on comeing! and ,sorry to say , BUT after awhile a person gets burnt out and gives up ! and this is EXACTLY what the wacoenviromentalists and the socalled "representatives" of ours are hopeing for!

Last edited:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
why i vote the way i do?

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Also published at the Sonora Union Democrat
Eureka! Gold was discovered and California exploded into existence. Since that time, miners have continued to search for gold either by panning, sluicing, or--until 2009--suction dredging.
As it stands now, the Department of Fish and Wildlife (DFW) no longer issues suction dredge permits. Like so many misguided government policies, what started out as a temporary moratorium in 2009, which allowed DFW time to conduct an environmental review of suction dredging, has morphed into a long-term ban.
for the rest of the story,
Will California arbitrarily ban suction dredge mining? The court says no, but the legislature is looking at a ban | Tom Berryhill

someone who gets it

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been the most involved I have seen...especially sitting at the capitol and seeing how involved we were...and how there was really no one there for the bill....other than Allen, Izzy, and Monahan...plus the two interns who stood up like they did for all the other ones....Oh and the committee!!!! But, lacking was definitely the public trying to shut us down!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread