goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Sierra Club, Sierra Fund and CBD would make for a good start for cleaning house. With the amounts that the head honchos of these so called "Not for Profit" groups make, I fail to see how they can be called "Not for Profit". If these people REALLY believed in what they preach, they'd be willing to do these jobs for a lot less pay. Money that was being paid out in salaries could be put to good use in actually cleaning up some of the Mercury. Withdraw all government funding and or contracts that any group whose NFP status is in question and watch how fast the higher ups in these organizations jump ship. We miners need to keep the pressure on them. Keep it true though so we don't lower ourselves to their level of lies and false science.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
look forward to meeting, Reed, just look for the hobble with walking cane

environmentalism/government nothing more then extortion of the American hardworking tax payer
the more people see this nonsense, that lamestream media will not expose, the tide will slowly turn

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Sierra Club, Sierra Fund and CBD would make for a good start for cleaning house. With the amounts that the head honchos of these so called "Not for Profit" groups make, I fail to see how they can be called "Not for Profit". If these people REALLY believed in what they preach, they'd be willing to do these jobs for a lot less pay. Money that was being paid out in salaries could be put to good use in actually cleaning up some of the Mercury. Withdraw all government funding and or contracts that any group whose NFP status is in question and watch how fast the higher ups in these organizations jump ship. We miners need to keep the pressure on them. Keep it true though so we don't lower ourselves to their level of lies and false science.
Id like to see these "outfits" NFP status be CHALLENGED in court. this may be a way to get to them! HIT THEM IN THEIR POCKETBOOK!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
From what ive seen the not for profit groups (wacoenviromentalists)don't follow the NFP rules to keep their status! and that includes gold clubs also. we need to "make sure your right , then go forward!"

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what ive seen the not for profit groups (wacoenviromentalists)don't follow the NFP rules to keep their status! and that includes gold clubs also. we need to "make sure your right , then go forward!"
The anti lobbying rules are pretty clear.. and there are some gold clubs pushing it... I hope this kinda thing doesn't backfire....:censored:

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The anti lobbying rules are pretty clear.. and there are some gold clubs pushing it... I hope this kinda thing doesn't backfire....:censored:

AMRA, American Mining Rights Association is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit which advocates for use of public lands by the people and for the right to prospect and mine on those public lands. Our mission is to inform the public and its members on what is transpiring in America as it pertains to these rights and the ability to use our public lands through facts and information. We strive for integrity, honesty and clear and concise reporting of the facts[/B]

Advocate is a very far cry from Lobbying... well at least by definition that is.. Did they snag that last line from Fox News? The mission statement makes me feel as if I am subscribing to a newspaper.. I suppose this cause can go on Indefinite.. I guess we will always need them.

What we need is a gold club or Organization that actually benefits the small scale mining community.. This is done by education.. Not an education on who we hate and why America goin down the tube BLAH BLAH BLAH .. Who taking whos rights away.. Dah de dah..
We need clubs and orginzations to actually teach miners their rights. How to understand law.. Mining and the environment .. How to handle and dispose of possible hazerd material that miners commonly run into. How to properly stake claims.. so many ways that these clubs could actually serve to protect and strengthen the small scale miner.. In education I think we will find solidarity.. We need classes available. Not only to make us better prospectors but better stewards of the land. There are plenty of orginzations fighting for our rights as they see them but unfortunately I have yet to see one actually serves the small scale mining community.. There is more to mining then Raffles and weekend outings and gold shows.. More to mining then provoking.. We don't need to be informed we need to be educated!

John Oliver?s Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption Church

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I continually talk to uninformed people about gold and show them a phone pic or two of some or sometimes a picker in a vial if I have one on me. They enjoy seeing it and the thought of themselves or others possibly getting gold. Then I ask them there thoughts on dredging and they usually have a negative belief in what it is and what it does. I usually clear up their misconceptions from what I know and believe about it quickly and then go back to the joys of gold and how someday the right to persue it in the simplest forms may become completely restricted. Organizations that promote our mineral rights are great but if you want to win at this game you better learn how to persuade ten strangers to persuade ten strangers to our side. Otherwise see how the fight goes against the green money, the lobbyists and the media.

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
, bring your equipment that you want to trade / sell, etc.
)

Don't bring your equipment. There won't be enough room to display anything. I have been warm calling miners again, and it appears that there will be a "sellout" crowd at this meeting- just about everyone I talked to said they were coming. So space for anything other than socializing and discussing the meeting will pretty limited. It ought to be very informative and a good way to network with your peers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread