What's new

Scraper or arrowhead?

Guest 1551

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2013
Messages
804
Reaction score
890
Golden Thread
0
Hey guys, my friend found this on her ranch yesterday while we we were looking for artifacts. Is this some sort of scraper or an arrowhead made by a severely ******ed Indian? We’ve just never seen an arrowhead so bent like that... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526909028.465660.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526909064.215149.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526909072.364404.webp
 
Upvote 0
look like a practice one somebody was doing i really don't know though
 
I would say that it was halfted and used as a knife.
 
I know that symmetry wasn’t the most important thing, but that one is pretty bent. I agree it would have made an adequate knife, or possibly the point of a thrusting spear?
 
Definitely not a spear or arrow head. Probly halfted scraper or knife.
 
I'd say it was a crude knife blade.
 
I agree with Reb. The exaggerated curvature was more than likely caused by the removal of a flake from a nearly exhausted core. Little effort was taken to remove it, roughing it into a usable knife and on to work with it.
 
Cool find regardless i don’t see too many of those. Great example. Thanks for sharing.
 
Not trying to highjack your thread, but I can show you a nice example of a large rhyolite Genesee knife with a wicked curve. On display at the Robbins Museum in Ma.....

IMG_0642.webp

IMG_0643.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom