What's new

Scrapers/Engravers?

TXChzHd

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
36
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do y'all think? Bona fide or coincidental chips? Spent 3 hours on the river this morning, just now going through some "interesting" stuff I picked up. Wondering if I found anything other than a honkin' big (for me) piece of petrified wood, lol (last pic). Thanks! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435971652.665122.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435971675.766680.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435971692.114764.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435971708.932960.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435971723.201443.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435971755.770141.webp
 
Upvote 0
I saw a lot of that today. Its debitage waste flakes. I always look at them cause every once in a while it will be a point. But yours is waste flakes.
 
a lot of flakes were also used as tools, but keep in mind if i strip twigs off a branch (modify the branch) and use it beat my kid with...i have made a "tool", even if i toss it aside later.
 
a lot of flakes were also used as tools, but keep in mind if i strip twigs off a branch (modify the branch) and use it beat my kid with...i have made a "tool", even if i toss it aside later.

Great analogy
 
Thanks fellas for the info
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom