What's new

SCUMBAG returns!

NGE

Silver Member
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
3,511
Reaction score
135
Golden Thread
0
Location
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife wanted to go out to lunch, so we went to a local eatery. 10 minutes after we left, it returned, but not for stuff in my garage. He wanted stuff in the house. He cut the screen out of the back bathroom window, tried prying the inside window open (locked) with his screwdriver, that pissed him off, so he broke the glass up near the lock and unlocked the window, well when he opened the window the ALARM went off, he was then in a race with the clock, hurried up and looked around, maybe got some of my wife's jewelry???? He then went into the living room and tried to get stereo equipment but I had so much stuff from my moms house piled around it, (he moved some, but not enuff to get anything). Then he left out the same window he came in. What a mess of glass all over the bathroom. My neighbor and I put a new glass in, and secured the window lock. The cops think it was the same guy that has broken into my garage 3 times already. He lives close enuff that he watches when we leave the house. He looked for a safe in the closets, didn't open any drawers, he rifled through junk jewelry on my dresser. My neighbor got the CALL 10 minutes after we left the house. When the cops got there my neighbor was standing outside the bathroom window with a shovel, waiting to clobber the guy when he came out, but he was gone already. Guaranteed he'll be back, he knows what we have and where it's located in the house. We think he was in the house for at least 4 to 5minutes, while the alarm was squealing in the house. My neighbor saw someone jump the fence behind us and come out the yard behind us, but he didn't think about it at the time. The two other times I saw this scumbag, he was wearing the same clothing my neighbor saw him with today. The cops have the large screwdriver he used, but said he probably was wearing gloves, they said most criminals do. The first alarm came in at 11:23 am and 11:48 am. when the cops left thru the back door.
 
You should buy a trail camcorder and turn it on when you leave. Personally I'd make it look like you an wife left and sit with a shotgun then put a knife in his dead hand later.
 
Don't put yourself in danger, but it sounds like it might be easy to set them up, and break them from suckin eggs.
 
Well, if he jumps the fence again where he jumped it this time, he'll be in the hospital or on the way there. I have above the ground firewood ricks, and he has to climb the one in the corner of the yard to jump the fence. I put some lonnnnng spikes through the top narrow logs and turned them upwards, "Good Luck " next time scumbag......NGE
 
damn man! go buy yourself a really big, strong, very territorial dog -like a German Shepard, Doberman. don't put any signs up as that would suggest your dog is the bad kind, and they are all loving the people that feed them. too bad people not introduced to fido if he's a good dog, he won't like the breaking glass or the idiot climbing in- and I'd bet money that guy will only do it once- dogs have that effect on low lifes. and all for the cost of saving an animal at a shelter- fair trade IMO.

I would suggest that you might really have a route away from your place that you pass that thieves house- just remember the worst place around. Drug addicts don't care about their lawns and take note of that place- this is likely the losers place. you probably have a routine that this guy knows, and he knows when your not home. don't make it easy for him. change your routine.

you can also get family to help house sit (armed with a nice 12 guage- cheap @ $140 from walmart! mavrick88 from mossburg or pepper spray, don't start anything and get real legal advice first!) and I'd suggest window tint so this low life doesn't know who is in your cars leaving your house- you stay home and let your wife take a shopping trip to the mall. window tint saves lives no matter how bad the police think about it- bad guys can't steal what they can't see in your cars. police hate the stuff as they worry someone is going to shoot them through it, but if your legally allowed to have it -the stuff could keep you from getting in to trouble as no one can tell who is driving your car, so it's safer for your wife (as people who cause trouble don't like to play odds when someone has window tint, they might get their butt kicked by a x marine, or be able to intimidate a young 20 something mom. the tint tends to stop them from acting as they just don't know what they are up against in a car). thieves like to pray on the easy low hanging fruit- don't make anything easy for them.

with the depression coming, this type of stupidity is going to get much worse- people out of work, on drugs -like Meth- means more low lives breaking in to places and doing things far worse, now in some areas the police forces are being cut. so it's best to look out for your neighbors and ask them to look out for you!

make friends with all your neighbors, and let them know your watching out for them, it would be ok if they ever see anyone that shouldn't be there they should call 911. always call them first, but be prepared as the next time this low life breaks in you could be home.
 
notgittinenny said:
Well, if he jumps the fence again where he jumped it this time, he'll be in the hospital or on the way there. I have above the ground firewood ricks, and he has to climb the one in the corner of the yard to jump the fence. I put some lonnnnng spikes through the top narrow logs and turned them upwards, "Good Luck " next time scumbag......NGE

I'd be careful about doing that as this low life loser might end up suing you in court - and it happens all the time. it's better to not mention traps about this issue.-even if what your talking about is for firewood and if a trespasser -(you do have no trespassing signs up right?) doesn't see stuff laying around your yard and falls on stuff! opps! too bad! personally I'd get window tint - and send my woman out for lunch while I have my shotgun close at hand expecting company, or just get a big dog. once that person steps in to my world his choices are limited to lay on your stomach, or leave in a bag, while I call the cops to collect the trash.
 
There is always some scrap wood in my wood piles, some have nails, some has screws, I never remove them, just burn 'em out, much easier that way. Now, if ya want to pull them out with yer toes, be my guest :laughing7:.........NGE
 
Too bad you are not closer. I have an 8' alligator that lives in my living room. I'd be more than happy to bring him over and let him visit with you until this idiot returned.

I can guarantee that he would never be back after one encounter with Frog.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0114.webp
    IMG_0114.webp
    346.4 KB · Views: 1,266
Is this happening every time both of you leave? Maybe you could hire an off duty officer and sneak them in to wait for the crook next time you both go out to lunch.
 
Nope, this is the first time when we were not home. Other times when he broke into garage we were both home. We live on a corner, so our garage is on the side street, After the first break in of garage and he took my lawn mower, he had a buncha other stuff lined up to take, but my neighbor came out to go to work and spooked him. So I had alarm system installed on house and garage. The thief didn't know, and the next time he came, he set the alarm off in the house, I flipped the interior garage lights on and we think he messed his drawers, because I saw him leaving empty handed and he was walking funny :laughing7:. The cop that came out said he thinks he did too. This time I had electric garage door openers installed, the thief didn't know it, and broke the door handle on my wife's side and set the alarm off again, but didn't get in, cause the door only raised up about 1/4 inch, just enuff to set off alarm. I stepped out on back porch with 30.06 with scope, racked one round and you should've seen that bunny run :hello2: Since he was having no luck with the garage, he tried the house this time, he didn't get anything this time either, but he knows what we have now and the cops say he'll probably be back. I just blocked all my window locks with a beefy screw that can't be seen from the outside, to prevent him from reaching in through broken glass to unlock the windows. The screws have metric hex heads on them. I also screwed my flat screen T.V.'s to the tables that they are sitting on, with metric bolts, anything to make him stay in the house longer. This guy has broken into a couple other houses in my hood, so the cops put an extra patrol car in my hood (unmarked). I told the cops if you catch 'em, I'll press charges, I aint scared of this douche bag :violent1:..........NGE
 
Hi NGE, how about getting an explosive indelible ink pad and putting it in a small roll of $1 dollar bills. Then just go looking for the purple man with a few mates along for company :laughing7:. I set traps all the time for "bums" looking for firewood or an open window and the police are ok, but thats in a small village in the UK. We even took a guy for a long trip in a van once, about 500 miles, he never came back ;D.


hammered
 
Wow. What a brazen POS he is. Hope you guys get him without causing problems for yourselves. Can't stand a thief! >:(
 
If you do put a knife in his hand, Get one that does not fit any kind you would own. Just say-in.
 
I am going to a spy shop tomorrow, I heard they have some cams that are so small you can insert them into a flower head. I have nail pops on my back porch, and the cams are wireless and they claim excellent resolution. If they are not too expensive, I'll get a few for inside the house lots of hiding places there...........NGE
 
Red told me about this Post!!!

I have read your comments!!! The camera is a Great Idea, I'm thinking that It is some one that Is within visual site of you Home Or with in site of you car leaving your home, Probably a neighbor that has recently lost his or Her job! They may be on there porch smoking or drinking and Watching you and The neighborhood for the advantage to Steal from you and maybe your neighbors. I think they live very close to you!!!

This is one reason Red and I have Opted to putting Our Valuables In a Safe deposit Box HH Chug

Our residents 5 other apartment's Know I go Metal detecting And we enjoy showing what we find, But are not Comfortable with Certain Items sitting In our home HH Chug

Good luck with the camera, I think a game camera might be useful for you!!! just put it in a eve of your home near where they are entering you Property and wait for the Motion sensore to snap A pic of them
 
Hi Red I sent you a pm, too.
 
N............A good thief is a dead thief! Just be careful.
 
I have never ever shown any of my finds to my neighbors, and I have never hunted my yard in daylight. My detectors get loaded in vehicles early morning or late evening and truck is never left in driveway, always put both vehicles away when done with them for the day. Alarm gets set even if we walk to the corner to mail a bill, alarm keypads are awesome! Can turn on or off up to 50 feet away. All we did was go to the corner to get lunch and we came home in 1/2 hour. Imagine our surprise when we pulled in driveway and there were 4 cop cars waiting for us. The alarm company would not shut the alarm off, even for the cops. How would they know that it wasn't the thief calling them? So now I am going to call the alarm company tomorrow and tell them not to try to call us first, call police then my neighbor. We don't own a cell phone, so the alarm company was trying to call my land line and we weren't there, (3 minutes wasted) then they called my neighbor, then the cops. Neighbor got there before police, and was waiting with a shovel, to clobber the douche bag if he came out the window. when the cops got here, they went in the broken window and checked inside to see if el stupido was still inside. Then when the cops came out of the house, they used the back door and set the alarm off again.......DUH!..........NGE
 
He knows you have a 30.06. Bet thats what he wants.

Camera sounds like a good idea. Trail cams are about $75. If you have a safe bolt it down good. But setting traps that will injure him will land you in court, especially if an innocent kid gets involved. Paying for info might work as well.

I hate thieves. Been there. No fun.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom