What's new

SCUMBAG returns!

I had a problem with a neighbor thief.

Solved it with an electric fence charger, good for 16 miles with aluminum wire.

Only 100' ft of wire, 8' ground rod, threw pretty blue sparks. :hello2:

He only hit that wire once. :icon_thumright:

He sure could yell !!! :laughing7:
 
Boy, your "neighbor" seems to be around an awful lot when this scumbag is around, isn't he?

Set up a camcorder to two or three. One by the fence - one by the garage, and one by your door.

And - don't tell the neighbor.

Beth


PS - it is EASY to bypass an electric fence - even a weed-burner. All you need is a tree branch.
 
Sorry to anyone I may have offended, so I removed my last post. What I meant to say was is: we and others have seen his (thief's ) nationality. My neighbor has a hard time getting in his door, let alone run like that bunny did. My neighbor weighs over 450 pounds, so I don't believe it was him that went through my bathroom window....... He could have leaned against the steel door and fell through and into house, he is also 6'5"........NGE
 
I live in a neighborhood with a few lowlife crackheads that like to go into the abandonded houses during broad daylight and take the copper pipes. How they don't get caught hauling pipes beats the heck out of me.
The recently hit a home where someone lives and was home. Fortunately for the older woman, she had an alarm system that scared the guy off.

The guy that lives behind me put a motion activated cam on his shed with a memory card in it. It wasn't real expensive and has pretty good images.

If someone wants in your house bad enough, they'll get in. I have keyed deadbolts on both entry doors and the doors themselves are steel framed. If they bust the glass to the door, they still cannot open it without the key.

But the thieves around here are persistant. They just kick the doors open and I imagine if they wanted, they could pry the jambs of my doors hard enough to get in.

If I were you, I'd get the motion cam and also take pictures of all your valuables for insurance purposes, in case he comes back.

Al
 
No windows in the steel-framed doors and the police, home insurance company and I have cd's with serial numbers and pics of everything in my garage and home and yard. I am getting my cd's from their hiding place and checking wife's jewelry, to see if he got anything......NGE
 
I'm not saying your neighbor DID it - but, just as an example - my place got hit twice-years ago. It wasn't my neighbor - but my neighbor
was the look-out.

Beth
 
Talk with the neighbors. Set up video from a neighbors house if you can.

Keep the detectives number and when he is caught, as these guys are like sharks, they keep coming back.

I suggest a Taurus Judge or Magnum handgin loaded with .410 shotgun shells. Eventually they graduate to worse crimes. What if he brings a friend next time, in the middle of the night.

I dont keep large dogs, but I do keep two small chihuahuas. You cant beat their nose or ears, or eyes.

If you havent recorded the serial numbers on everything in your house, do so. To include photos for anything over $25 dollars.

If you know where he is jumping the fence, he is probably hanging out there and has your routine. Get some used cat litter, and place where he has to satnd. Cat poop smell does not go away easily.

I like plants the have stickers for under windows. 4 foot rose bushes dont play.

I would take some 80 pound test fishing line, double it, and put it where you wont get into it, but the crook will close line himself.

I can go on all day.
 
You have to be careful when you are putting in "booby-traps". Some states are different than others, but if someone dies, you cannot claim self-defense, since you weren't directly threatened.

My sister-in-law had a dog - tied - mind you - that bit someone while she was gone. She was taken to court and LOST. So, just watch out
for the traps you set - and what your state allows.

Beth
 
Beth is right about traps, and do not tell us anything bout that , I never heard nuttin,, Maybe delete them lol. But that guy lives close,, and he has cased the place, and you, he is also learning and becoming more brazen. Be careful friend. Definitely get some surveillance.
 
If I was you I would invest in a couple of trail cameras. So that way when he comes back you will get his picture.......Matt
 
You need some rattlesnake rattles rigged up to motion detectors. After he gets wise to that, that's when you put real rattlesnakes in the house.... :laughing7:

But seriously, the guy is an idi0t because he keeps coming back. And that is what will get him caught. Just be patient....
 
I have had neighbors say that they would never make it at night running thru my yard, so many obstacles. Heck everytime the squirrels run from my dog, they knock wood off wood piles, had one try to jump to wooden fence from picnic table and misjudged distance and knocked himself out when he slammed head first into the fence :laughing7:. My dog didn't get him though, he fell between the fences. I have been re-stacking my firewood, I do it all the time as it ages, I stack it loosely, I used to have kids cut through my back yard all the time, they would leave the back gate open, then when I would holler at them they would run for the fence and wood piles, they never made it to the fence, it was funny watching them trying to run up the down escalator. Thieves are fair warned, DO NOT climb on my escalators, to get over the fence :laughing9:. I already have videos and pictures of everything I own w/serial numbers recorded on cd's. My house insurance company has copies as well as the police. I noticed that my alarm company is offering cameras that activate with motion when the alarm goes off, and records the perps. I will check to see how much for install, and how much more for monitoring. I do not have a cell phone........NGE
 
damn, i wish i was going your way soon for a vaca,i dont know wwhats going on ,but i would stop by to say hello ,and help figure out these scumbags are up to?? they sound like dirtbags ,dont let them walk or it will continue ,ever watch CLINT in action ..........they sound ,read like crack heads...
 
Yes, unfortunately there are a lot of them in my hood. Heck they even make deals next to my house on the street. I'm always finding empty 1" X 1" ziplock bags on my lawn every morning. Have found stash of weed in 1 gallon zip bags in my bushes, pint vodka bottles smashed on my front walk and porch. I have never in the (34 years) that I have lived here, messed with anyone. It used to be a nice hood. This scumbag has cost me over $4000.00 in security measures and window repair. $2500.00 alone for the alarm system, 500.00 for two garage door openers, $40.00 for the glass and can of window glazing putty, would have been cheaper to buy a German Shepard :thumbsup:..........NGE
 
Notgettinany. lol your name just caught me ,, nice.
Are you near Detroit? Didn't LBJ tout that city as the shining beacon of the way the new deal (or was it the welfare system) would fix cities of the future? OH Please do not make me research
I am sorry, hard to see the neighborhood go downhill like that.
 
Don't leave the garage door openers in your car if its not in the garage. Its like giving them a key. DAMHIK.
 
Unfortunately, I live in a western Destroyit border town :icon_scratch:. And these scum live right across the street and on the street behind me. Every time the cops show up, the dawgs come out of their dens and watch the show, (even when it is -10 degrees outside). Our finest are more caring than theirs. I have no side entrance door or windows in my garage, so we have to take openers with us, and they are hidden in the house somewhere. I have a feeling that It will be an exciting summer this year ::)..........NGE
 
Man I feel for you! I moved out of Metro Detriot about 15 years ago. Now I spend time between Baltimore and Washington DC. There are parts of home I miss, but this is not one of them.
 
OK here's your answer, unless he is deaf. I use to install alarms that I manufactured. All custom made for vehicles and houses. The two things they fear the most is light and sound. My best alarm had at least, 2, 190db sirens INSIDE the house or vehicle. Few people can tolerate this amount of pressure on their ears. I also used revolving or strobe red flashers. These INSIDE the house where they flash on the windows works great. These should be hooked up to trip within 5 sec. of alarm detecting.

Here's another idea. When everyone leaves the house, make it a habit to circle slowly around the block at least once. Also change the location of valuables. He has already cased the locations so this will confuse him and slow him down. They rarely spend more than 15 min in a house. In fact they sometimes trip the alarm and watch to time response. Frank
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom