scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Preview says they find and old gold coin on one of the scoops on the 4th hole. Another season of this garbage guaranteed.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Preview says they find and old gold coin on one of the scoops on the 4th hole. Another season of this garbage guaranteed.

well I wonder what the odds are.

Gold coin , 4th hole, last episode of the Season ?

I would have more respect and Belief of Honesty it they end it with still no finds.
I know what getting Skunked is about.

If the preview you mention is accurate.
it will be my last season

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Come on Jeff, you can't give up!!!!

Rules of the forum say "If you subscribe to the Oak Island forum you MUST watch all episodes, re-runs, previews and sneak peeks no matter what!"

If you violate the rules, Wolter & Pulitzer will move into your house and live in your basement forever!!!! :occasion14:

Meyer

Greenie
Jan 20, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long does it take to dig one of these holes? A couple of days?...weeks? The concept of time is completely lost on me with the editing of this show. OK so some lightning rolls in, time to shut it down. But for how long?? Let's go to the war room to discuss what we found, should we dig another hole? Who knows, but lets take a side trip to someone's back yard and look down an old well. Lets check out FDR's old grocery lists...OK but is a hole being actively dug while this is going on? Who cares we are draining the swamp...great!!..Let send some guy out there with a metal detector for 20 mins and call it a day, and then we'll check out this hatch.

Jeez it jumps allover the place.

Last edited:

Montclaire

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I wonder what the odds are.

Gold coin , 4th hole, last episode of the Season ?

I would have more respect and Belief of Honesty it they end it with still no finds.
I know what getting Skunked is about.

If the preview you mention is accurate.
it will be my last season

Hello, I have been reading this forum since the start of the season but I haven't registered until now. I wanted to offer that just because the big reveal happens on the last episode of the season, it doesn't mean that the dig is staged. This is more of a reality TV show than a documentary, and it is the job of the producers to keep the audience interested. The find itself can certainly be real but the timing of the reveal can be staged or delayed. I have no issue with that. Kevin Burns recently stated that there was no plan to extend the finale to two hours until the dig got real interesting. So whatever happened, no matter when it happened, it was unexpected.

Personally, I think the treasure is long gone. But if you consider knowledge to be treasure, then there is certainly more to discover. If all this show ever accomplishes is the inspiration of a thousand more future archaeologists and anthropologists, then I have no complaint.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I have been reading this forum since the start of the season but I haven't registered until now. I wanted to offer that just because the big reveal happens on the last episode of the season, it doesn't mean that the dig is staged. This is more of a reality TV show than a documentary, and it is the job of the producers to keep the audience interested. The find itself can certainly be real but the timing of the reveal can be staged or delayed. I have no issue with that. Kevin Burns recently stated that there was no plan to extend the finale to two hours until the dig got real interesting. So whatever happened, no matter when it happened, it was unexpected.

Personally, I think the treasure is long gone. But if you consider knowledge to be treasure, then there is certainly more to discover. If all this show ever accomplishes is the inspiration of a thousand more future archaeologists and anthropologists, then I have no complaint.

Welcome to TreasureNet ! Though I understand & Respect your opinion.

My Problem is if they are willing to Fudge on Timing & Circumstance,
I'm also willing to wonder if it was planted .
Especially since it coincides with them Crying about Costs.

and the original Pits & tunnels still Defy logical reason on a natural water logged Island

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Knowledge of what? Digging meaningless holes? I can obtain that knowledge at any number of construction sites.

This show isn't about archeology....it's about perpetuating a grand hoax that has been duping investors for over 200 years...

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shocked_01.gif
The downright scary part is something I just read... "...Everyone knows that there is NO CONTRACT for a 5th season right?? There's a 95% chance that tonight is the last show EVER..."

I feel so used! :laughing7:

Montclaire

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knowledge of what? Digging meaningless holes? I can obtain that knowledge at any number of construction sites.

This show isn't about archeology....it's about perpetuating a grand hoax that has been duping investors for over 200 years...

There has obviously been early human presence on OI, regardless of any treasure. If you can't determine that from prior work on the island (i.e. Nolan's Cross), then I don't know why you bother to post here.

Last edited:

Montclaire

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shocked_01.gif
The downright scary part is something I just read... "...Everyone knows that there is NO CONTRACT for a 5th season right?? There's a 95% chance that tonight is the last show EVER..."

Kevin Burns said that the network is willing but as of last week the Laginas had not made a commitment either way.

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kevin Burns said that the network is willing but as of last week the Laginas had not made a commitment either way.

So, either..

-the Laginas have decided enough is enough and are pulling the pin and getting out

-the Laginas have actually found something and don't want the publicity (nothing of recent note in the Provincial Govt proceedings),
Hansard / Proceedings / The Nova Scotia Legislature

-the Laginas are hoping to get a better deal from Prometheous/Nova Scotia govt

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my guess they are holding out for raises from the producers now that they
planted some things to find last minute

Montclaire

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my guess they are holding out for raises from the producers now that they
planted some things to find last minute

I am not about to make accusations, but I will say this. I do not think the brothers would risk planting an artifact and getting caught. But, they are not the only ones on the island who could potentially profit from further exploration.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not about to make accusations, but I will say this. I do not think the brothers would risk planting an artifact and getting caught. But, they are not the only ones on the island who could potentially profit from further exploration.

no the producers actually profit the most.
and I'm also sure they are not above chucking a gold coin into a pile of dirt.
or hiring someone with a wild story to tell.

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
Going on record today to say that this guy is probably partially right. Don't think it was a Viking ship,..but I believe a ship was nonetheless found on the island,..in the swamp/money pit.

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
Coconut fiber deep in the money pit? Was it placed there by Elvis 3 centuries ago, or was it perhaps pushed back into the money pit when a prior excavation was back filled?

Elvis likely did it because no one would have back filled surface debris into the sacred money pit 150 years ago

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just spoke with the Lag bros and Dan B and have an update for all the OI fans.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yeah. We only had to invest two hours with Geraldo to find disappointment at the non-event of Al Capone's vault.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread