Season 4

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, with 4 seasons under our belts and 72 pages of posts you guys still do not believe? This is unreal!

There is so much proof that has been presented... cold, hard facts... presented in front of your face on TV week after week and you are all in denial. :BangHead:

We have had people come on the show and basically point to the treasure but it does not get dug up. We have people calling in and sending maps with the location of treasure but it does not get dug up. We have people coming on showing who brought what over and when... even the location of the haul but it does not get dug up..... I just don't get it. Why wont they dig where the treasure is? :icon_scratch:

I can't wait till tonight when all you NAY-sayers get proven wrong and are kicked out of the OI club! At the 11th hour when they pull out the Arc, then show the Chalice, ungrave Bacon and read the lost Shakespeare manuscripts right on TV... you will be crying. Watch as the Lag bros toss around 2 billion tons of Spanish gold while trying on the French Crown jewels, they will be dancing around in Viking Lederhosen, swinging Roman swords while doing secert Freemason bird calls. Well then what will you have to say?

I still believe....... :headbang:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if they dance around in Viking Lederhosen, I'll eat my words and take their word there really
were people who could dig Water traps 1000 or so feet under ground on a water soaked island
to Hide treasure

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didnt want to say anything the haters made me do it!!! :dontknow:

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any updates from the east coast watchers yet?

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I kept falling asleep during the show so I am sure that I missed some stuff like what the expert said about the "spike". I only caught part of the comments about the gold cross having originally had all the holes filled with emeralds, but that they had been removed. Also, I did catch when she said that the bracket thing was used to hold treasure chests together. While that may be, couldn't it also have been used to hold any type of box or crate together? Of course, there was also the British button that we all thought was a coin.

Added up, I have no clue what it means, but I still have lots of questions. Such as with the gold cross, if the "emeralds" are gone, how did the expert know that they were there at some point? Even if there was evidence of something having been removed, how would they know that it was emeralds? It's not like they leave behind "emerald residue".

LFCTiger

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first post...

Metal spike from the swamp is from a Spanish Galleon dated 15-1600s
"Gold coin" is possibly a British Military dress button from 1770s-1800
Metal hinge pulled from GAL1 could be from treasure chest or more likely repurposed from a ship, dated 1600s.
Dig halted as they can't drill any further and risk hammer grab getting caught

Next year...back again? swamp exploration, Smith's Cove and Money Pit? Marty kinda wants out but may just relent again...

LFCTiger

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drilling down next week to reveal their future plans and update on the items found...dragged it out another week...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any updates from the east coast watchers yet?

They came up with a heavy 5" x 5"(each side) x 1/2" thick L angle bracket from a barn frame and their expert on coins, crosses, buttons and spikes identified it as a "part of a treasure chest". Also some 20th century hex nuts of about the right size for the bracket at about the same depth. Those were ignored.

HL55PC_1_375.jpg

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They came up with a heavy 5" x 5"(each side) x 1/2" thick L angle bracket from a barn frame and their expert on coins, crosses, buttons and spikes identified it as a "part of a treasure chest". Also some 20th century hex nuts of about the right size for the bracket at about the same depth. Those were ignored.

View attachment 1417801

Sounds like an episode of same old same old.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1417801

Either thrown in as Back-fill when the area was Stripped out ,
Or used by searchers as they dug down or both.

Between that & the misidentification of the obvious "Railroad Spike" ,
I'm done with the Oak island joke.

hopefully Snake Island gets renewed.I'll wait for that.

Have fun !

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didnt want to say anything the haters made me do it!!! :dontknow:

Good thing we have honest interests and not staged promotional posts acting like members here right Stretch The Truth....?

What with all the "We" in your comments about people coming on the show, you almost sound like you are working for them.

Wow, with 4 seasons under our belts and 72 pages of posts you guys still do not believe? This is unreal!

There is so much proof that has been presented... cold, hard facts... presented in front of your face on TV week after week and you are all in denial.
BangHead.gif

We have had people come on the show and basically point to the treasure but it does not get dug up. We have people calling in and sending maps with the location of treasure but it does not get dug up. We have people coming on showing who brought what over and when... even the location of the haul but it does not get dug up..... I just don't get it. Why wont they dig where the treasure is?
icon_scratch.gif

I can't wait till tonight when all you NAY-sayers get proven wrong and are kicked out of the OI club! At the 11th hour when they pull out the Arc, then show the Chalice, ungrave Bacon and read the lost Shakespeare manuscripts right on TV... you will be crying. Watch as the Lag bros toss around 2 billion tons of Spanish gold while trying on the French Crown jewels, they will be dancing around in Viking Lederhosen, swinging Roman swords while doing secert Freemason bird calls. Well then what will you have to say?

I still believe.......
headbang.gif

Keep on believing in a long stretch

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those that thought the Gold Cross was recently made what do ya'll think of it now? or do you not believe the expert about it's date and or anything else she dated last night... Kinda odd to find a button from the 1700's 150' down ( or whatever the measurement was ) The key to any of the stuff found last night is how old is it, and how deep was it found. Dunfield had a big deep hole but it tapered down so was only his max depth in the middle. Depending on far away the new holes are once they get past "X" amount of feet they are in virgin areas, other then any original tunneling etc... and it doesn't have to be anywhere near Dunfield's max depth because of his tapering hole he dug.. It's possible to be 20' from his center point and because of his taperd hole you might be in a few feet or 8'-10' or so in virgin soil. Make sense?
Also they shed alittle light as to how and why they do the things they do sometimes. They have to file for permits on most everything they do and they are only good for so long. They have to show good reasons to be draining the swamp and digging in it and they have to say what they are looking for, to a point I'd imagine... Kinda like getting a Police Search Warrant. You can only be looking for what you claim to be looking for etc etc....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on the Button.

Just like the Logs hanging out precariously , I wonder how much Drops each scoop.

with Every scoop of dirt they take out,
Bits & Pieces drop. the Button could have been just under the Surface.
and if Circumstances happen just right,
that small button could have dropped with every prior Grab

Same with the Metal could have been pushed down by the Lip of the Grabber several times till it finally
brought it up.

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a gold coin, it's a gold coin, oops it's a flat button. They acted like they had never seen one before. It is more likey civilian than military in my opinion

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a gold coin, it's a gold coin, oops it's a flat button. They acted like they had never seen one before. It is more likey civilian than military in my opinion

My guess other then the detectorist they never have seen one before.
And either he told them right out, But the editors removed it for Drama
or he was advised to hold off on telling them it was a Button
so they could speculate. plus they needed to say "Gold Coin" for the teaser Preview.

The Military part is Possible I suppose,
From burial or drop.
But I think the depth they are claiming is highly doubtful.

But again, The area was stripped at least to the water table,
and Back-filled.
So things are not where they should be

Last edited:

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good thing we have honest interests and not staged promotional posts acting like members here right Stretch The Truth....?

What with all the "We" in your comments about people coming on the show, you almost sound like you are working for them.

Keep on believing in a long stretch

Ya Eldo... If you can't tell a funny post to get everyone pumped for the finale then maybe you do not have a sense of humor.

I DO work for the network, the Lag bros are old buddies from college, Wolter is my ex brother in law, Pulitzer is my cousin, Barkhouse is my milkman, Blankenship is my paperboy, Halpern is my Aunt and the McGinnis cut my lawn. :laughing7:

See, there is another funny post kind of like finding Templar Vaults in the side of a mountain in New England. :occasion14:

The whole show is a farce to make money and give people something to watch on Tuesday night. It is entertainment and nothing they have found in 4 seasons proves anything. All wild speculation about a story (fairy tale) that is over 200 years old. Blindly trying to connect dots that don't exist. Linking thinks together that include every wild story imaginable. You can look up Inca Templars that were Freemasons in France with Roman backgrounds in bla, bla bla.... its on Wiki, look it up.

You can believe anything you want and if you have enough money, I can sell you a bridge I own and some southern swamp land. I take Pay Pal!

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sad thing is that we have better finds listed on this site daily than this entire show has produced in its entire run.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
This whole thing with the "ship spike" has be confused. If that is really the case, I have 3 or 4 of them laying on a shelf here in my house. I will have to contact the local authorities to let them know that apparently hundreds of years ago a ship ran aground and broke up near my house. And as fate would have it, they apparently built a railroad right next to the wreck site where my grandson found these.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread