What's new

Seated group pic including yesterdays

toasted

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
3,452
Reaction score
14,367
Golden Thread
5
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took all my years seated out of their holders for a group shot. Enjoy
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0513.webp
    IMG_0513.webp
    894.9 KB · Views: 369
Upvote 94
I'm on the Eastern Shore as well, I haven't been able to find one seated yet !
Now I know why.. You have them all. LOL
Very nice.. WTG. Maybe one day...
 
Very impressive group-looks like 1876 was a very good year for you. That one quarter is in outstanding condition :notworthy:

Thanks, From what little information I have gathered, This site was a fairgrounds in the 1870s and early 80s with the bulk of the activity in the late 70s early 80s since the vast majority of the IHPs have 1879-85 dates. They minted so few seated silver from 1879-81 thus so much of it is from 1876-77 when they minted the most. Almost no coins between 1886-1900 were found. I dont know how that 1877 quarter avoided the plow when so many of them did not

Very impressive ! Are you only lacking the Seated Dollar , and the twenty cent piece ?

I doubt there are any active members on tnet that have found either one of those. Those and the 3 cent nickel and Morgan dollar are the only period coins this field has not given up. Found 2 trimes in there as well. Still have hopes for a gold coin too.
 
Last edited:
I think somewhere in the years I've been involved with this site, I remember seeing a Seated Dollar , I know I've seen a couple of Twenty cent pieces - but yeah these folks may no longer be active .
 
You da Man toasted I bow before you feeling like a novice. :notworthy:

You rocked it in 2016

1 seated half
2 seated quarters 1 Barber 2 SLQ 15 GW
15 seated dimes 5 Barber 23 Merc 18 Rosie
2 seated half dimes 7 war nickels 2 trimes
170 IHP 4 FE 10 shield nickels 6 v 8 buffalo
9 LC 2 HC 3 2Centers 1 CT 11 KGs 1 Cut Pistareen

Your notable finds this year alone would fill about 10 of my seasons.
 
:thumbsup: :notworthy: :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: :thumbsup:

Very impressive, what an accomplishment! I don't know of anyone who has found more in a year, and I do know many that haven't found that (or even close) in their detecting lifetime. Myself included : )
 
Amazing yearly haul of seated toasted :icon_thumleft: Somehow a seated coin has eluded my coil. Very impressive.
 
That right there is something to be INSANELY PROUD OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATZ.....
 
Wow, you about tripled my seated haul for the year. That's an amazing spot!

My favorite is that counter-stamped '56. I also notice the gap in dates which ties into a period of our nations history where silver and gold hoarding was rampant. Actually any posting of 1860's seated silver on here is quite rare...

Great post and congrats
 
I love seeing pics like that one, toasted.........
Re-affirms the knowledge that the coins are out there waiting to be found!!
Thanks for the peek into future possibilities and congratulations on great hunting!!
 
Beautiful bunch of ladies there but my favorite is the Miss 1848. Nice tone on that one.
 
Great digs! See what you made me do. I had to locate the ones I found. Two of my favorites are the first year of issues 1837 No Stars obverse and the last year 1891 because of condition. Seated half dollars and half dimes are pretty rare coming out of the ground. 8-)

20161216_095515 seated .webp
 
18 from one site?? Wow. Was it a spill? That is crazy. Good for you!
 
Great digs! See what you made me do. I had to locate the ones I found. Two of my favorites are the first year of issues 1837 No Stars obverse and the last year 1891 because of condition. Seated half dollars and half dimes are pretty rare coming out of the ground. 8-)

View attachment 1392005

Very nice. How many different sites did they come from
 
I think somewhere in the years I've been involved with this site, I remember seeing a Seated Dollar , I know I've seen a couple of Twenty cent pieces - but yeah these folks may no longer be active .

:hello: congrats , sort of active but I am humble and been a spectator since 2012 , found both , a fire damaged 1849 & 7 dollars and a twenty center plus a substantial amount of common seated Lib coins .. CMD
 
:hello: congrats , sort of active but I am humble and been a spectator since 2012 , found both , a fire damaged 1849 & 7 dollars and a twenty center plus a substantial amount of common seated Lib coins .. CMD

Congrats. How does a seated dollar not make banner?
 
Last edited:
Great group photo. Do you ever get tired of seeing 1876 coins? Lol
 
Great group photo. Do you ever get tired of seeing 1876 coins? Lol

Yeah, but that and 1877 were very high mintage years and also just before the peak activity on this site. Seated silver went years even decades between large mintages. Three of the dimes are Carson City though
 
Last edited:
Toasted that's a staggering number of seated silvers my friend. I only have one half dime and two dimes. Great job on your research and pulling those killer silvers. I've been watching and you're a very impressive treasure hunter my friend
 
Toasted that's a staggering number of seated silvers my friend. I only have one half dime and two dimes. Great job on your research and pulling those killer silvers. I've been watching and you're a very impressive treasure hunter my friend

Thanks man. I found a little bit of everything since I started detecting last year(except a tree coin) lol but I know next year will not be easy. I dont mind digging modern silver but once youve found a bunch of early stuff it just isnt the same digging mercs and rosies.

I had the great permission through research with the seated field and dumb luck with another permission when I scored the spectacle buckle and cut pistareen. The bulk of the rest of my finds came from public places and I have cleaned out all the local ones. I live in farm country so no cellar holes or stone walls to target. No maps of the area prior to the civil war either at least none that I have seen. Just gonna have to follow some hunches, hope to get permission and roam the fields in search of iron when I can
 
Last edited:
Very nice. How many different sites did they come from

About 10 came from the same site. Seated half dollar and 1878 seated quarter came out of the same hole. Almost peed my pants after pulling out the half dollar and then getting another signal in the hole. Another seated quarter came out of that site. Others were from woods, club hunt, old beach and permission. I misread your original post. These were from the last 3 years. 10 seated dimes for this year. This year has been a good year for Indians. I did a count yesterday and broke 200 for the year.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom