Seated Silver, Chinese Cash Coin And Much More!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out last Sunday to an old school spot that I got permission for. The old school is long gone and is now a field for a bunch of horses. That was a fun hunt trying to avoid the horse apples but cover all the area. I found two Indians, two V nickels, along with two War nickels and a cool Chinese Cash coin. Couldn’t get my coil over any good high tones.

Yesterday after all the rain I went to another old school spot that I’ve hunted a couple times before and got a few nice silver coins. The property is large and I try to grid off as much area as I can. The first hour I didn’t find much of anything not even a wheat but I slowly started to find some older coins and dug a weird signal that turned out to be a double Rosie wheatie spill. That same area ended up being very productive and I dug another Rosie, a Merc, a Washington and an Indian. The last hour everything shut back off and I couldn’t get a signal for anything. I was happy with the how my hunt went and I was headed out because it was getting dark. I worked my way down the edge of the property headed towards my truck, when I got a great sounding 12-44 on the Etrac and as I was chasing the shallow signal in the plug, I knew it would be clad but was surprised to uncover a silver dime. I thought for sure it would be another Rosie and I was excited to end my day on a 6 silver hunt. The excitement grew when I saw the ONE DIME on the reverse and even more so when I turned it over to see that Seated lady looking back at me! I got back home and cleaned everything up to see I just made it with a last year Seated, an 1891 from San Fran. Sure is nice to be able to hunt this time a year and a big bonus to find some nice keepers. HH-David

uKnSVxq.jpg hzlouua.jpg Vht3Inh.jpg

SvOztSk.jpg o0AXl87.jpg 5CsCUxp.jpg

oM0BiJZ.jpg mTR48uE.jpg 04kyrtE.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 42
OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Just wow!! Congrats from a frozen digger in Wisconsin, I am jealous of the great weather you seem to be enjoying, and the really cool finds!

Thanks can slaw! We are fortunate down here in the southeast not to get the harsh winters even though this year we've had some cold days. Hope spring gets here soon

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang..... 2 months of keepers in one hunt. Dude I haven't had a haul like that in quite some time. Enjoy the high, I'd still be stoked.. Huge Congrats.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a BUNCH of awesome saves, Sooper Dave...great pics, love the surprise Seated, still looking for my first Seated anything...I've got some great permissions lined up for this year so I'm giving myself the best chance to find my own. Ddf

TWray

Sep 5, 2016
Roanoke VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet variety of finds. Congrats.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang..... 2 months of keepers in one hunt. Dude I haven't had a haul like that in quite some time. Enjoy the high, I'd still be stoked.. Huge Congrats.

Thanks Loco! I luck up on some good spots every so often. I hope you get on a hot spot soon! Good luck!

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a BUNCH of awesome saves, Sooper Dave...great pics, love the surprise Seated, still looking for my first Seated anything...I've got some great permissions lined up for this year so I'm giving myself the best chance to find my own. Ddf

Thanks dirtdigginfool! I hope you get on a Seated soon! Best of luck to ya!

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!! I dream of having a day like that!! Congratulations.

Thanks Rudy! This was two hunts over two different Sundays.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunts, congratulations on the silver :icon_thumleft:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a great week, 2018 is starting out great for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread