Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been real busy around work and the weather's been terrible.
Had to run some errands yesterday and it was nice outside for a change, so I planned on going for a short hunt.
Hunting along a section of old sidewalk in town I got a scratchy 6"-7" deep Dime signal - a (93) on the Deus.
The target ID keep jumping around but it sounded good enough to dig.
Saw the edge of the coin - new it was a Silver Dime - found lot's of Merc's lately, so I was hoping for a Barber.
Flipped it over - bang - a Seated Dime in real nice condition !
The reason the signal was so scratchy was because there was part of a rusty bolt along side the coin.

I know ... everyone hates Wheat Cents.
But they let you know that Silver coins could be in the area and sometimes there better than finding nothing at all.
Also found (3) Wheat's yesterday - 1919-1924-1925 - an all time total of (1601).

Good Hunting !

Attachments

• 1890 - Seated Dime - A - 3-29-22.jpg
    1890 - Seated Dime - A - 3-29-22.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 1890 - Seated Dime - B - 3-29-22.jpg
    1890 - Seated Dime - B - 3-29-22.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Upvote 31

Anasazi

May 5, 2012
Ocean Park WA
Detector(s) used
Main detectors XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Anfibio multi, Tesoro Sand Shark

used in the past but not forgotten
Sov Elite
SE Pro
Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Teknetics Mark 1 LTD coin computer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m sure liking my Deus 2. Congrats on the nice Seated!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had to run some errands yesterday and it was nice outside for a change, so I planned on going for a short hunt.
Hunting along a section of old sidewalk in town I got a scratchy 6"-7" deep Dime signal - a (93) on the Deus.
Saw the edge of the coin - new it was a Silver Dime - found a lot of Merc's lately, so I was hoping for a Barber.
The reason the signal was so scratchy was because there was part of a rusty bolt along side the coin.

But they let you know that Silver coins could be in the area and sometimes there better than finding nothing at all.
Also found (3) Wheat's yesterday - 1919-1924-1925 - an all time total of (1601).

Good Hunting !
beauty! well done. I love the wheaties, after digging one my adrenaline gets pumping and I'm sure every target from then on is going to be silver

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw the edge of the coin - new it was a Silver Dime - found lot's of Merc's lately, so I was hoping for a Barber.

Good Hunting !
That seated is gorgeous! I don't get out much to detect but I am one of the few I guess that enjoy finding wheatbacks.... congratulations on your recoveries! 👍

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I will admit I'm late to the sidewalk game but hit a dime in the sidewalk at a permission I had in town. Do people consider sidewalks fair game in front of businesses and houses? I have often wondered this in my town on the weekends when the downtown area is pretty much dead. Great Find! Never heard of a seated in a sidewalk strip before

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find E-Trac

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good Hunting !
Very Nice!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

OP
OP
E-Trac-Ohio

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sidewalk hunts can be very productive.
Town's own the "Curb Strips" - the area on the road side of the sidewalk - so you can hunt them.
But it's always a good idea to let the home owner's know what your doing to avoid any problems.
Look for old sections of sidewalk the have been pushed up by tree roots, broken concrete, etc.
Pay close attention to intersections of sidewalks and roads.
That's where a lot of people stop and pull things out of their pockets.

ironman123

Sep 1, 2016
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400 w/DD Coil.
Nokta Makro Legend Pro Pak w/11" and 6" Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of the better conditioned Seated's I've seen is some time- Congrats!

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Can’t beat a surprise seated, nice ‘tectin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread