If I send them in in bulk, I get 96% of melt, but have a $75 refining fee.
If I refine them my self, I sell my silver off in castings and jewelry for $70 per ounce to $100 But the refining is about $20 in chemicals and a few hours of time.
If I melt them into crude bullion bars after refining them, I can get about $26 to $30 per ounce on Ebay.
And here is some valuable and free advice if you want to find lots of 40s. Call the local coin shops and see what they are paying, If it is ridiculously low like 75 cents each, defiantly check the banks as most people dont sell too the dealer and spend or deposit them. cheap or greedy coin dealers make for great areas for CRHers.
If a local coin dealer has a bad rap, no one goes too him. People would rather deposit then sell too someone like that.