What's new

Selling the 40% half dollars

weighit

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
550
Reaction score
244
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
today I called 8 coin shops in the area and they all said they were paying $1.50 for the 40% coins and up to $5.50 for the 90%. Is this the going rate, or should I drive to a larger town?
 
Upvote 0
Hold 'em. You can do better than that.
 
Yep way low if you ask me. Silver will rebound and go over 20.

Golden Silver
 
bocephus said:
my guy offers 1.70 a piece
The silver value today is $2.55 each a good refinery would be paying out $2.29 I think I will wait for silver to go higher B4 melting.
 
cyberdan said:
bocephus said:
my guy offers 1.70 a piece
The silver value today is $2.55 each a good refinery would be paying out $2.29 I think I will wait for silver to go higher B4 melting.

Called Midwest Refiners, they do not want %40's. Anybody know of another near TN.?
 
obediah said:
Called Midwest Refiners, they do not want %40's. Anybody know of another near TN.?

PM me, my refinery will take 40% all day long and foreign silver. They are in TX
 
I think that even at $25 spot the coin shops/jewelers will still offer a buck fiddy.
 
Fistfulladirt said:
I think that even at $25 spot the coin shops/jewelers will still offer a buck fiddy.


The couple of times I sold some 40%ers, I was able to get at or near APMEX prices from a coin shop. I don't remember exactly what the price was, but it was close to spot.

The lower the purity of the silver coin the less demand there is. It is like this with 40%ers and it is like that with 80% Canadian coins. Try selling some of the older .720 and below Mexican stuff and see what you get (not near spot).

If a person wants spot or better they need to stick with 999 or maybe 90%ers when the demand for them is super high. Since most here get their 40%ers at face, a profit should not be hard to come by.

Some here swear by nucleoexchange and such. I never buy or sell online so I don't know.

Jim
 
I have sold 40% on the classifieds here many many times at or slightly above current melt
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom