What's new

selling your gold

smugglersbluez

Full Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2013
Messages
150
Reaction score
185
Golden Thread
0
Location
central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro , Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know there have been past discussions on here. Looking to see if anyone used aragold recently. Any suggestions , ideas or past experiences on selling their finds.
 
Upvote 0
I will be sending all my Gold & Plat. to ARAGold in Oct. I been using them for the pasted 5 years .call them 1-800-216-9796
 
thanks, gold is in the mail...just wanted to be re assured
 
I just pulled up the ARAgold.com web site. It says "payout" is 98% on karat gold. Does that mean they pay 98% of spot gold price on the actual weight of gold in the lot? If so, I thought refiners had gone down to 95%.... Papa
 
What do you think they mean?

#googlesearch


I just pulled up the ARAgold.com web site. It says "payout" is 98% on karat gold. Does that mean they pay 98% of spot gold price on the actual weight of gold in the lot? If so, I thought refiners had gone down to 95%.... Papa
 
Midwest pays 95%...ARA pays 98% (that's spot price on the day and on the final full gold out of the acid bath.)

Please note that unless your gold says 14KP it could be as low as 13.6K and still marked 14K so take that into account in your calculations.

ARA's payout has always spot on for me over three submissions.
 
What do you think they mean?

#googlesearch

Well, I realize the answer to the question seems obvious. However, for starters, what kind of gold is there besides karat gold? Second, they don't say anything about spot gold price being the basis of their payout. Just looking for clarification and I think Dr. Joe Prime answered the question. I thought all the refineries dropped back to 95% of spot price on payout. I have not sent any gold in to be refined yet and I am hesitant to send it off to someone I haven't dealt with, but others here have and ARA looks like the place to send the gold. Thanks, Joe
 
BP..... they pay in penny weight (dwt). Not sure, but at one time i was told they paid based on 24K once melted. But now instead of MISC gold they have you break it down by K. Ive had good success with them and very nice to deal with over the phone. BUT..... if you can find someone you can trust locally with a GOOD price, you might be just as well off. You get a face to face.... you save shipping, wait time, and insurance (which is pricy).
 
Oh WoW~....Very cool...I just did a Google Search on this place and noticed its only 8 miles from my work...lol

Thanks for the info!
 
so if we have a problem....we can send you in to handle business? ha ha
 
has anybody thought of the fact that they will want an id # for taxes???
 
ok,I went with ARA...I am pleased and my returns were as expected.
 
ARA....great company to work with...I've always been pleased doing business with them.

Lorraine
 
Do you have to separate your gold by 10K, 14K, 18K etc or just put it all in a box or envelope and send it to them? I intend to cash my gold in to pay for a basic scuba course in November. I've never used them because I've never had any gold to sell, but have a good bit (for me) from last fall and early this year. When you find jewelry with stones do you let them handle it for you or send them to a buyer? I sent them an email, but never got a reply.
 
I put all the mixed gold in one baggie..I put the one platinum ring in a separate baggie in the same package. They cut me two checks..one for platinum and one for gold.

They will return all stones unless you want them to bid on your diamonds.

I'd call them directly by phone..they are very responsive, helpful and friendly.
 
Anyone have one they us in Canada? Gotta sell some of mine.....
 
I tell people who sell their gold to pawn shops even those who pay top dollar that they may as well threw their money down a rat hole. I imagine ARA Gold is where the pawn shops sell their gold for those big payouts. ARA says they make their money from the silver that is refined from the gold. I didn't know there was any silver in gold but I could be wrong.
 
Do you have to separate your gold by 10K, 14K, 18K etc or just put it all in a box or envelope and send it to them? I intend to cash my gold in to pay for a basic scuba course in November. I've never used them because I've never had any gold to sell, but have a good bit (for me) from last fall and early this year. When you find jewelry with stones do you let them handle it for you or send them to a buyer? I sent them an email, but never got a reply.
You don't have to separate it. They put it through a process that separates the gold from the metals its mixed with. They pay you for the weight of the pure gold that comes out.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom