Set a crazy 12 gold target goal and I hit it!!

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
In January I found an expensive gold and diamond ring.
By march I had found 3 gold rings and I set a crazy, never thought I would hit it 12 gold target goal...one for every month of the year.
Over the last several months this search turned into a quest and hard to believe it but up till yesterday I managed to find 11.
I mostly hunt public parks only so this is not an easy thing to accomplish digging in the dirt like I do.

Today the weather starts getting bad here in Kansas, the temps are going to nosedive into the 20's and snow is coming very soon so this might be literally my last hunt of the year and I was desperate to find gold target #12 and hit that almost impossible goal.

On the very last target I planned to dig on this hunt yesterday, maybe the last target I will dig for 2013 I did it.
I couldn't cut this any closer or added any more suspense if I made all of this up.

I was using a new F70 on my 4th hunt, only 10 hours under my belt but I am loving this thing.
Due to the fact I have maybe close to or probably over 1000 hours in with my F2, the Fisher F series language I have already learned has come in handy and has transferred over to this new one although I still have much to learn because there is so much more information at hand in this mid level class vs. the entry level.
Whatever is happening we are really clicking together and it is scary to think what lies ahead of us and the great adventures we are likely to have in the future.

I experimented with others but have used the 4H mode to this point because it is close to the F2 in that respect except that nickels are changed to a high tone.
This is designed for coin shooter, mostly, but I have realized that we jewelry hunters can take advantage of this ability, too.

I sure did on this hunt.

Ladies and gentlemen I am proud to introduce my newest and best gold find of the year because it was the final piece in completing the great gold quest of 2013.

A 6.2 gram 14k mixed white and yellow gold beauty that couldn't have come at a better, very last or more opportune moment...literally.

Attachments

• P1040867.jpg
    P1040867.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 101
  • P1040874.jpg
    P1040874.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Upvote 7

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats digger27 on hitting your gold goal! Awesome!!!! Yes post a pic of the 12 rings, you'll be helping the rest of us with winter blues. HH! While you can!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's great! Congrats on your goal! I only found 3 gold rings this year. The silver is sure a lot easier to come by than the gold.

poorman15

Feb 24, 2013
South Central Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
-Minelab Explorer SE
Newest- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! I know better to set a goal like that. My wife would divorce me for sure! Congrats on a great season!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
digger27

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Very nice! I know better to set a goal like that. My wife would divorce me for sure! Congrats on a great season!

The October and June rings my wife wants to keep not to mention others she has scarfed up in the past so she always manages to get her share.

Shiny baubles and rings seem to distract her so I can sneak out and find some more. :laughing7:

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good lord you were blessed this year :icon_thumright:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do the same thing sorta, I dont like to leave without silver or gold. Got a ziplock bag full of it. Cant wait to see what I find next year.

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil.
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job Digger!
Finding gold in parks isn't easy.

OP
OP
digger27

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Great job Digger!
Finding gold in parks isn't easy.

You are not kidding, but with a little luck, some good site selections and using the right coils I managed to do this.
It was much fun, and every one was a surprise and a thrill to dig.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
CONGRATS ON AMASSING YOUR GOLD GOAL!:occasion16::wav::occasion16:

Your wife will definitely enjoy wearing those lovely rings with stones. Andi

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on hitting your gold goal. I don't usually hunt for gold but still get an occasional find at a tot lot. I just don't have the patience for it so big cudos to you Sir.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread