What's new

Several differant things to post

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY ONLY MACHINES
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
4,939
Reaction score
4,609
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
take a look and give me your idea of what these are,
they were dug in different places at differant times,
the fishing weight I am trying to get a date on as for age...
not sure what the other items are, but you guys are so good someone will ID these
fast.. and tell me if any of these are worth money.
Thanks
Richard

The first piece I have no idea what it is, it has intricate designs along the sides and may have
been gold plated, as I can see what appears to be plating.
Found at an old homesite.

Second piece some kind of button looking thing with a star design in the middle. I believe
its polyurathane plastic with a brass back, found I think in a church yard, but maybe sidewalk hunting in Columbia.

Third piece is an unknown some type of buckle. looks kindoff like the CW connecting buckles
but I don't know. Don't remember where that was dug.

fourth piece is as some type of buckle part, maybe someone can ID as to make or model
and aprox year. can't remember where that was dug either.

Last is the fishing weight.... wondering when it might have been made as it looks hand made, dug around an old house site.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3259.webp
    IMG_3259.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,135
  • IMG_3260.webp
    IMG_3260.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_3261.webp
    IMG_3261.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_3262.webp
    IMG_3262.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,115
  • IMG_3263.webp
    IMG_3263.webp
    38 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_3264.webp
    IMG_3264.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,107
  • IMG_3268.webp
    IMG_3268.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_3267.webp
    IMG_3267.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,102
  • IMG_3266.webp
    IMG_3266.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,107
  • IMG_3265.webp
    IMG_3265.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_3269.webp
    IMG_3269.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,098
  • IMG_3270.webp
    IMG_3270.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,096
Belt buckle looks like WW1 or WW2.
 

Attachments

  • M1936.webp
    M1936.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,075
Upvote 0
second item is a rosette, kinda looks like a dutch hex symbol on it.
 
Upvote 0
Lucas said:
Belt buckle looks like WW1 or WW2.

I was looking at mine, and although its similar, I think my metal is older and mine is wider
accross and narrower between...
and I think, solid brass not pot metal...
just what I think...

Anybody have an idea how to bend this straight again ?
 
Upvote 0
taz42o said:
second item is a rosette, kinda looks like a dutch hex symbol on it.

So what type of material is the white stuff and where did people wear this ?
 
Upvote 0
Your fishing weight looks more like a plumb bob.
 
Upvote 0
Yep the one piece is a horse rosette.
The buckle piece looks to be brass but dates WWI- WWII or so. To straighten it boil it in water. Take it out and slowly bend it. slowly being the key word. I would try to get it flat first by putting it on something solid and slowly appyling pressure. Once flat you can concentrate on straghtening the rest of it. You may have to reboil it several times. Just take it slow and be careful not to burn yourself.
 
Upvote 0
TXTim said:
Your fishing weight looks more like a plumb bob.

Yup my guess too. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • 4-25-10.webp
    4-25-10.webp
    3 KB · Views: 976
  • Picture 062.webp
    Picture 062.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 977
  • Picture 061.webp
    Picture 061.webp
    18 KB · Views: 967
Upvote 0
I still say the square top buckle looks older, but maybe its me..
the other stuff is right on, but does anyone have any idea's for that first thing ? :dontknow:
with chain and designs ???
 
Upvote 0
The first thing look's like it might be part of a cow hobble . They would attach to the rear ankles , and prevent the cow from kicking while it was being milked .
 
Upvote 0
mojjax said:
The first thing look's like it might be part of a cow hobble . They would attach to the rear ankles , and prevent the cow from kicking while it was being milked .

Like that suggestion :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
mojjax said:
The first thing looks like it might be part of a cow hobble . They would attach to the rear ankles , and prevent the cow from kicking while it was being milked .

Interesting but.... no...
it would have to be a midget's midget cow....
Look at the second picture and my finger for a size comparison....
this thing is only about the size of a one dollar coin tip to tip...
 
Upvote 0
TORRERO said:
mojjax said:
The first thing looks like it might be part of a cow hobble . They would attach to the rear ankles , and prevent the cow from kicking while it was being milked .

Interesting but.... no...
it would have to be a midget's midget cow....
Look at the second picture and my finger for a size comparison....
this thing is only about the size of a one dollar coin tip to tip...

Maybe a bird?
 
Upvote 0
Chicken or bigger ?
I've been hunting for more than 25years and have seen a lot, but nothing like this...
until now..
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • o_B3751879254.webp
    o_B3751879254.webp
    53.5 KB · Views: 849
Upvote 0
Yup second thing is a bridal rosette. Kinda looks like a compass rose for the design. I have one just like it with a horse in it. They look nice. Great find.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom