What's new

Several differant things to post

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY ONLY MACHINES
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
4,939
Reaction score
4,609
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
take a look and give me your idea of what these are,
they were dug in different places at differant times,
the fishing weight I am trying to get a date on as for age...
not sure what the other items are, but you guys are so good someone will ID these
fast.. and tell me if any of these are worth money.
Thanks
Richard

The first piece I have no idea what it is, it has intricate designs along the sides and may have
been gold plated, as I can see what appears to be plating.
Found at an old homesite.

Second piece some kind of button looking thing with a star design in the middle. I believe
its polyurathane plastic with a brass back, found I think in a church yard, but maybe sidewalk hunting in Columbia.

Third piece is an unknown some type of buckle. looks kindoff like the CW connecting buckles
but I don't know. Don't remember where that was dug.

fourth piece is as some type of buckle part, maybe someone can ID as to make or model
and aprox year. can't remember where that was dug either.

Last is the fishing weight.... wondering when it might have been made as it looks hand made, dug around an old house site.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3259.webp
    IMG_3259.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,135
  • IMG_3260.webp
    IMG_3260.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_3261.webp
    IMG_3261.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_3262.webp
    IMG_3262.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,115
  • IMG_3263.webp
    IMG_3263.webp
    38 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_3264.webp
    IMG_3264.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,107
  • IMG_3268.webp
    IMG_3268.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_3267.webp
    IMG_3267.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,102
  • IMG_3266.webp
    IMG_3266.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,107
  • IMG_3265.webp
    IMG_3265.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_3269.webp
    IMG_3269.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,098
  • IMG_3270.webp
    IMG_3270.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,096
stetson said:
First one looks like a curb chain for a horse bit.

Too small for a hobble.

What is a curb chain ?

look at the size next to my sandwitch ....
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3281.webp
    IMG_3281.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 785
  • IMG_3282.webp
    IMG_3282.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 777
Upvote 0
What is a curb chain ?

A curb chain is a chain that connects from the left to the right side
of a horses bit under the chin.

In the case of a shank bit it would apply pressure under the chin or jaw
as the reins are pulled back.

In the case of a snaffle type bit it helps maintain the bit center from
left to right when direct reining..keeps you from pulling bit across or
through the mouth.
 
Upvote 0
Here is a guess waaay out in left field. A parasol or umbrella holder?
Another more logical guess would be a glove holder for a lady's purse??
I have seen this one before and that is what comes to my slow whitted mind first.
DG
 
Upvote 0
dg39 said:
Here is a guess waaay out in left field. A parasol or umbrella holder?
Another more logical guess would be a glove holder for a lady's purse??
I have seen this one before and that is what comes to my slow whitted mind first.
DG

Pictures help... for my dimwitted mind.. hahaha
 
Upvote 0
Is the fishing weight/plumb bob item made of lead, brass, or cast iron?

Another pic will help. Can you clean it up a bit with water and toothbrush?

Is there dirt clogging the loop?
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Is the fishing weight/plumb bob item made of lead, brass, or cast iron?

Another pic will help. Can you clean it up a bit with water and toothbrush?

Is there dirt clogging the loop?

iT'S lead and there is no hole where the hole should be, seems there is supposed to be... but was
never punched out.
there does seem to be a pinhole though...
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I think 3 of the items have been I.d.ed. Partial green check?
Just kidding. Nice finds. Jimbob
 
Upvote 0
I was leaning toward cast iron or brass plumbob but now that I find out its lead, I will have to say fishing weight.
 
Upvote 0
How big is that first one?

Man, that really looks like an old slave shackle.


B
 

Attachments

  • slave shackle 1.webp
    slave shackle 1.webp
    1.2 KB · Views: 672
  • slave shackle 2.webp
    slave shackle 2.webp
    2.1 KB · Views: 671
  • slave shackle 3.webp
    slave shackle 3.webp
    1.5 KB · Views: 670
  • slave shackles.webp
    slave shackles.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 699
Upvote 0
I started this thread and I think we have got them all...

1. is a ladies glove holder.... not as fancy as the picture... but obviously the same w/out flower.

2. a horse rosette.

3. Maybe a WW1 or WW2 type web belt buckle ( I still think this is older )

4. Clasp part from a small buckle.

5. a lead fishing weight. ( I was I think just trying to determine the age as this does not look store bought )
 
Upvote 0
Maybe the sinker is handmade in a mold. That may be why the eye is clogged.
 
Upvote 0
Well, for absolutely sure - #1 is NOT a ladies glove holder. (obviously it's way too small to be a slave collar too), and it certainly is NOT a curb chain.

I wonder what is really is.

B


Never mind, I found out - it is a falcon leg restraint.
 
Upvote 0
mrs.oroblanco said:
Well, for absolutely sure - #1 is NOT a ladies glove holder. (obviously it's way too small to be a slave collar too), and it certainly is NOT a curb chain.

I wonder what is really is.

B


Never mind, I found out - it is a falcon leg restraint.
I don't know... I listed this stuff and when I look at the pictures of this glove holder
it looks identical except for the flower designs attached to the sides...
Mine could have had this, but it's pretty beat up, one side of mine is missing a pin to
hold the middle hinge and the back is not spread apart, but the size is right and mine has
designs all along the sides same as the picture and some gold plating still on the inside.
The place on the back where the chain attaches looks the same, my chain is just smaller...
I think this is it..
 
Upvote 0
mrs.oroblanco said:
Well, for absolutely sure - #1 is NOT a ladies glove holder. (obviously it's way too small to be a slave collar too), and it certainly is NOT a curb chain.

I wonder what is really is.

B


Never mind, I found out - it is a falcon leg restraint.
Glove holder.
DG
 
Upvote 0
Why would a glove holder need a chain?

I showed this to a friend of mine (in her 80's), and she's never seen (or had) anything like it.

The chain on it is a question for me - especially since it is not made of anything nice (like a "lady" would use)?

B
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom