What's new

Several differant things to post

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY ONLY MACHINES
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
4,939
Reaction score
4,609
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
take a look and give me your idea of what these are,
they were dug in different places at differant times,
the fishing weight I am trying to get a date on as for age...
not sure what the other items are, but you guys are so good someone will ID these
fast.. and tell me if any of these are worth money.
Thanks
Richard

The first piece I have no idea what it is, it has intricate designs along the sides and may have
been gold plated, as I can see what appears to be plating.
Found at an old homesite.

Second piece some kind of button looking thing with a star design in the middle. I believe
its polyurathane plastic with a brass back, found I think in a church yard, but maybe sidewalk hunting in Columbia.

Third piece is an unknown some type of buckle. looks kindoff like the CW connecting buckles
but I don't know. Don't remember where that was dug.

fourth piece is as some type of buckle part, maybe someone can ID as to make or model
and aprox year. can't remember where that was dug either.

Last is the fishing weight.... wondering when it might have been made as it looks hand made, dug around an old house site.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3259.webp
    IMG_3259.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,135
  • IMG_3260.webp
    IMG_3260.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_3261.webp
    IMG_3261.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_3262.webp
    IMG_3262.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,115
  • IMG_3263.webp
    IMG_3263.webp
    38 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_3264.webp
    IMG_3264.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,107
  • IMG_3268.webp
    IMG_3268.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_3267.webp
    IMG_3267.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,102
  • IMG_3266.webp
    IMG_3266.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,107
  • IMG_3265.webp
    IMG_3265.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_3269.webp
    IMG_3269.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,098
  • IMG_3270.webp
    IMG_3270.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,096
TORRERO said:
Ok, now that we agree as to what it is....
The real question is....
How many of you guys out there have actually dug one of these...
I would bet its a rare thing to dig...

I bet you're right that glove holders are rarely dug and it's a very neat relic :icon_sunny: I'll know exactly what it is when/if I ever dig one :wink:

Fishing weight sinker on the pyramid lead and green check :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
It is identical...Just humoring the poster.
DG



Really?

Beth


PS - never bet the bank on anything - have you looked at our banks lately? :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Mebbe they just fish different in the states SS? I'd never use one of those for fishing,except in stillwaters,in which case a normal round "bomb" works as well. :dontknow:

It's a glove holder!!..Torrero's pic's are a lot closer to the chain than the found pic's. That's what makes it look like an anchor chain to me lol.
 
Upvote 0
I find a lot of those lead pyramid sinkers in the surf. It must be part of a saltwater surf casting rig.
 

Attachments

  • pyramid-fishfinder_rig.webp
    pyramid-fishfinder_rig.webp
    7.3 KB · Views: 355
Upvote 0
So is the pyramid design a better sinker for conditions with strong currents?
 
Upvote 0
In my opinion they'd roll all over the place in a strong sea current,which is probably why BCH finds so many in the surf,they roll back in on the tides.
 
Upvote 0
Dano Sverige said:
In my opinion they'd roll all over the place in a strong sea current,which is probably why BCH finds so many in the surf,they roll back in on the tides.
I find a ton of them. They are usually attached to about a foot of monofilament. The monofilament floats and usually has seaweed on the line. I can walk in the shallows and spot them without a detectior by the seaweed. ;D Too bad they arent worth anything.
 
Upvote 0
i'm pretty sure the thing with the chain is one of those many oddities

that you would find attached to the restroom key at a gas station so

no one would steal it. :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
GREAT ID on the glove holder, DG! That's exactly what it is. I saw one in my grandmother's belongings when I was a kid. My sister and I played with it, and thought the glove holder was curious, since we couldn't figure out what it was for. At the time, we thought it was a dollar bill clip LOL.

Cheers,


Buckles
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom