What's new

Shes ugly, but shes mine

PlzBSeated

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
503
Reaction score
4,934
Golden Thread
1
Location
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She's ugly, but she's mine

Funny how each year plays out. Last year I found an unusual number of large silvers. This year I can't buy silver of any size. Last year I couldn't find a large cent. This year I'm finding large cents. :dontknow:

062015LCF.webp062015LCB.webp

I'll have to throw her in olive oil see if I can pretty her up a bit. Dates to around the time this area was settled. Maybe came over with one of the pioneers.

Today's dig...

1839 Large Cent

PBS
 
Upvote 46
good to get a date off of her... congrats!
 
Hope i look that good when im 176 yrs old :thumbsup:
 
Heck ya. Congrats on that oldie.
 
Funny how each year plays out. Last year I found an unusual number of large silvers. This year I can't buy silver of any size. Last year I couldn't find a large cent. This year I'm finding large cents. :dontknow:

View attachment 1177806View attachment 1177810

I'll have to throw her in olive oil see if I can pretty her up a bit. Dates to around the time this area was settled. Maybe came over with one of the pioneers.

Today's dig...

1839 Large Cent

PBS

Beautiful coin! Still on my bucket list. What state was it found in?
 
Southern Michigan.
Them old coins must migrate from central Mi.. L.o.l..
 
Great coin... I read where olive oil will darken it, mineral oil is the way to go.

I'm no expert, have you used olive oil before?
 
OMG its my wife :laughing7:
 
Nice bud. I recommend mineral oil over olive oil. It's more pure and lighter so it tends to not darken the coin as much. Love the big old coppers
 
Nothing wrong with that one. Even ugly girls need love........:laughing7:
 
Congrats on the LC PBS:thumbsup: All LC's are beautiful to me...
 
Congrats on the old copper!!
 
You need to advise bud cause that is still atop my bucket list!!! Was it at one of the sites we've discussed?
 
You need to advise bud cause that is still atop my bucket list!!! Was it at one of the sites we've discussed?

South Main St., Elkhart.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom