Short hunt produces mercury dime and a couple cool relics!!

MikeDiG

Nov 26, 2014
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to check out a new field being cleared out to build on in my area. Wanted to see if it had any potential and it did! Found a 1918 mercury dime, 2 flat buttons missing the shanks unfortunately, a wheat penny, and an awesome looking rosette or buckle that bent up unfortunately. All in all had a good hour and a half and I know where I'll be my next few days off of work!!!!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 8

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike..cool finds! And just as david680 sez..I'd definitely have at it again real soon. If that is somewhat virgin ground, or old ground being dozed over for construction, there is bound to be a TON more there for the finding. We have a local fairgrounds, where there had actually been a Civil War encampment, and we have just pounded that dirt to dust! But...every so often, the maintenance crew will move some dirt around or steal dirt from the area we have found a lot of silvers and relics, and I will hit it ASAP! My last time out, driving past I noticed the boys had been playing, so I stopped in. They had dug a trench and had taken most of the dirt away except for one small pile, about 3 feet high. I fire the ATP up, make a couple sweeps and bing bing bing...83 83 83...and BLAM!!..a beautiful 1908 Barber dime. So yea ..keep hitting that spot and post your finds! Awesome finds, thanks for sharing..ddf

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wouldn't fret those shanks being gone. Those are still nice old buttons. Great relics and of course the silver is always nice to see.

OP
OP
MikeDiG

MikeDiG

Nov 26, 2014
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to pound that field very hard for the next couple weekends. I have another field that I go to a lot and do the same thing that you do. As soon as I see some trees being removed or soil being dug or moved around I stop right away. I purposely go 10 minutes out of my way when I'm going home from work everyday to check. Haha. But hopefully this new spot produces a lot more. Will definitely post more pictures when I get back out there. Thanks for the reply!!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it may just be a glimpse of what you can find there, pretty nice finds

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, I bet that rosette/buckle was sweet when it was new, looks pretty ornate. Love the Merc.

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a victorian belt buckle i found one 4 years ago nice one congrats on the merc to...:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions