Short trip today .....

flip flop

Mar 3, 2010
East of West OhiO
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
down memory lane.
I took my wife to Cracker Barrel for lunch today. On my way to the register to pay our bill I noticed a box of Mallo Cup's. I hadn't had one of those in years.....had to have one. As my wife browsed the "goodies" in the general store, I slipped outside to have a seat in a rocking chair and enjoy the Mallo Cup.
The first bite took my back to the front porch of our childhood farm home. Once a week dad and I would make a trip to town to the "feed" store for horse and hog feed, my shoulders still hurt from hauling those old burlap bags full of feed. On our way home dad always stopped at a small carry out for his weekly six pack of beer and I always got a cold Mountain Dew and either a Slim Jim or a Mallow Cup....never both. Dad wouldn't allow either of us to enjoy our goodies until we had all the feed unloaded and stacked in the tack room.
Once the choirs were done, dad and I would sit on the porch and enjoy our goodies. I miss my dad.

Good for you, flip-flop,
It's pretty nice to find something like that, that takes a person back to some great
times of days long gone, spent with some one special doing something you enjoyed doing. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back