What's new

Shotgun-Whatsit Missing?

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this gun for $20 at a garage sale . I was able to buy the bolt online , but it still seems to be missing somthing that goes in front of the bolt . it's a Kessler Model 30c . Thanks for any help !
 

Attachments

  • Picture%20008.webp
    Picture%20008.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 770
  • Picture%20006.webp
    Picture%20006.webp
    47.8 KB · Views: 760
  • Picture%20005%20(5).webp
    Picture%20005%20(5).webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 722
The old gun is a knock off of the earliest Marlin Goose Gun I believe and yes it was made cheaply for one of the big catalog sales places like Monkey Ward or Sears and Sawbuck, etc. You would probably have more invested in it buying parts than it is worth. It is an excellent wall hanger however and would make a good conversation piece for a den or game room. Monty
 
Upvote 0
heres where your missing spring goes.
 

Attachments

  • indexCARZNHB1.webp
    indexCARZNHB1.webp
    55.3 KB · Views: 287
Upvote 0
dozer dan said:
heres where your missing spring goes.
Thanks dozer. I will check the schematics for the part number.

How did you write those words? What program? Paint?
 
Upvote 0
yup. looks like crap too. still tryin to figure it out.
 
Upvote 0
dozer dan said:
yup. looks like crap too. still tryin to figure it out.
No it looks neat. 8) I cant write that good in Paint. Was it the Paint program?
 
Upvote 0
You wrote that with the mouse? Could you tell me how to do it? Im just learning.
 
Upvote 0
Monty said:
The old gun is a knock off of the earliest Marlin Goose Gun I believe and yes it was made cheaply for one of the big catalog sales places like Monkey Ward or Sears and Sawbuck, etc. You would probably have more invested in it buying parts than it is worth. It is an excellent wall hanger however and would make a good conversation piece for a den or game room. Monty
Every now and then our town has a stoopid gun buyback program where they buy guns and destroy them. They usually give a coupon for $100 from some store. Thats what I plan on doing with mine becuse I have a broken stock.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
You wrote that with the mouse? Could you tell me how to do it? I'm just learning.

even i haven't got the grasp of it yet. I'm still learning.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom