What's new

Silver Civil War POCKET SPILL!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter umrgolf
  • Start date Start date
U

umrgolf

Guest
I went out this morning around 10AM in search of a new campsite on this very large property I've been hunting the last three days. I decided to stop by the area where the Eagle "I" cuff came from yesterday, and very glad I did! I have found randomly dropped Civil War era coins, but never anything like this.......







IMG_0109.webp


IMG_0548.webp


IMG_0549.webp

I recently found a Civil War map of my region and there are Union tent lines shown on the exact property I've been hunting. There was quite a bit of activity here aside from the camps, but no battles. Roughly 15,000-20,000 men were around here the entire Civil War.
 
Upvote 0
Congrats on some awesome finds, and thanks for sharing! :icon_thumright:
 
wow thats sick :headbang:
 
Congratulation's Jeff on one helluva dig :icon_thumright: Remind's me of a camp down the road :icon_thumleft:
 
WOW!!! :headbang:

Congrats!

Dave
 
Pretty damn sweet Jeff. :headbang:
 
thats sweet jeff! I found one mid 1800's spill half dime,3 center,2 center & a braided hair Lc all in the same hole.awesome job on the vid! the camera phone did a great job! :thumbsup:
 
Nothing like an early silver coin spill to get you fired up. That's awesome Jeff!! You certainly don't see finds like that made very often. That's why this is such a great hobby - you just never know what's coming out of the ground next. Nice job!!
 
Wow man just to think who held that.... Great find ;)
 
Very nice :hello2: Im curious what did you do to the knapsack hook. WHy is it black in the second picture?
 
It isn't uncommon to find a Seated, BUT it IS uncommon to find three AND a 3 center all in one "sitting" ;D. I surely know the feeling of digging multiple early silvers at once and can say most assuredly that this is a Banner haul buddy, my vote is on the way. :icon_thumleft:
 
Thanks for the comments :icon_thumleft:

vadigger89 said:
Very nice :hello2: Im curious what did you do to the knapsack hook. WHy is it black in the second picture?

It's the lighting.. It turned dark red after I rinsed the crud off
 
Great hunt Jeff, I'm still waiting on a 3-center. Nice collection of nails there too :D
 
:headbang: excellent finds.......keep swinging
 
Definitely Banner!
 
Now that's what I call a really nice day of MDing! Congratulations!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom