What's new

Silver Civil War POCKET SPILL!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter umrgolf
  • Start date Start date
U

umrgolf

Guest
I went out this morning around 10AM in search of a new campsite on this very large property I've been hunting the last three days. I decided to stop by the area where the Eagle "I" cuff came from yesterday, and very glad I did! I have found randomly dropped Civil War era coins, but never anything like this.......







IMG_0109.webp


IMG_0548.webp


IMG_0549.webp

I recently found a Civil War map of my region and there are Union tent lines shown on the exact property I've been hunting. There was quite a bit of activity here aside from the camps, but no battles. Roughly 15,000-20,000 men were around here the entire Civil War.
 
Upvote 0
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
thats sweet jeff! I found one mid 1800's spill half dime,3 center,2 center & a braided hair Lc all in the same hole.awesome job on the vid! the camera phone did a great job! :thumbsup:

Yes, I remember that spill.. that was something else

thanks, the Iphone isn't the greatest for videos but it will work for now
 
whoa, that's awesome! :headbang: :headbang:
 
That is a awesome spill man. I am lucky to get 1 or 2 seateds a yr.

That would have got my blood flowing.

HH Jer
 
Very nice spill :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
 
That is a awesome video to watch you dig all the old sliver priceless, you got my vote Banner for sure. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
 
I knew you were on to some more goodies! Congrats on the silver! Be watching for the gold coin to come out next!!

IM

BTW - The pics. I pmed you were all found with the GB Pro!
 
Wow :o I would have broken my back doing backflips. Congratulations :hello2:
 
Awesome video, and great finds!!!!
 
Ironman! said:
I knew you were on to some more goodies! Congrats on the silver! Be watching for the gold coin to come out next!!

IM

BTW - The pics. I pmed you were all found with the GB Pro!

GB Pro is the same machine as mine w/ a smaller coil, right?

I'll be heading back to hack out a bunch more underbrush in hopes for that gold coin :laughing9:
 
;D great find--keep on swinging
 
great finds I need to hunt the woods more often.
















-1854 halfdime
-1854 halfdime
-1859-O halfdime
-1852 three cents













[/quote]
 
My banner vote is in for this spill recovery..great vid...and always glad to hear the digger mention how much time and work is involved in this addictive "hobby"!
 
:) Jef , so much for wondering what else is out there . Bet your glad you went back :D even with all the nails and ticks :-\ first stinkin' mosquito sighting yesterday . ::) Push the Banner button for CW Pocket Spill . maybe a gold dollar or seated big silver find is .. possible :icon_scratch:

dawg
 
in over 21 years of hunting... I have found (2) half dimes and never a 3 center.. and you beat all that in one hole... WOW... the half dimes are in good shape too.. mine are very worn... gotta say.... this is the best I have saw in a while... WTG
 
:notworthy:SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET,Jeff!!!Dang,I want to dig a Three Center!!That is awesome!!Did they have pockets by the C.W?
 
kuger said:
:notworthy:SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET,Jeff!!!Dang,I want to dig a Three Center!!That is awesome!!Did they have pockets by the C.W?

not sure, i thought about that last night, prob should have labeled it "coin spill" :laughing7:
 
umrgolf said:
kuger said:
:notworthy:SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET,Jeff!!!Dang,I want to dig a Three Center!!That is awesome!!Did they have pockets by the C.W?

not sure, i thought about that last night, prob should have labeled it "coin spill" :laughing7:

.....who cares?LOL!Congrats on the banner bud!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom