What's new

Silver Civil War POCKET SPILL!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter umrgolf
  • Start date Start date
U

umrgolf

Guest
I went out this morning around 10AM in search of a new campsite on this very large property I've been hunting the last three days. I decided to stop by the area where the Eagle "I" cuff came from yesterday, and very glad I did! I have found randomly dropped Civil War era coins, but never anything like this.......







IMG_0109.webp


IMG_0548.webp


IMG_0549.webp

I recently found a Civil War map of my region and there are Union tent lines shown on the exact property I've been hunting. There was quite a bit of activity here aside from the camps, but no battles. Roughly 15,000-20,000 men were around here the entire Civil War.
 
Upvote 0
WOW! Jeff, what an amazing hunt! It is a shame there was no partner in crime with you to experience the thrill! loved the video too. Thanks for sharing your thrill and congrats on the awesome hunt.
 
Sweet fins man :headbang:

Fun dig :icon_thumleft:


Blaze
 
Best Spill I've Seen! Choice Specimens :o
Congrats on the BANNER!!! :occasion18: :occasion14:
 
Sweet little coin spill Jeff, and the fact that it came out of CW soldiers pocket makes it even sweeter! Congrats on the banner too!

I'm still looking for my first half dime and you dig three in one pop!
 
Thats a great find, love those pocket spills, must a been a nice rush. Congrats :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: ...................Rich
 
WOW, great find...congrats on the banner Jeff! I had no doubt I would see you up there soon after your move to Missouri!
 
Something I can only dream of. Great recovery, I'm jealous, it's one of those "eat your heart out" deals.
 
All I can say is WOW!!!,,,, AWESOME,,,, thanks for sharing this,,,,congrats on ,,banner,,,,

Arthur
Wayne co.
IL.
 
Very interesting finds and a very good video. What kind of phone are you using? It has wonderful clearness and depth of field. Makes an excellent short film. Monty
 
Thanks again for the comments and votes :icon_thumleft:

Monty said:
Very interesting finds and a very good video. What kind of phone are you using? It has wonderful clearness and depth of field. Makes an excellent short film. Monty

I'm using an Iphone 4, Monty. It took some getting used to, but while you're filming, you simply tap the screen on the area where you want to zoom and WALA :laughing9: Thanks :icon_thumleft:
 
My buddy Ironman,found 15 Seated Halves in a spill,years ago..thats my goal!!LOL!
 
kuger said:
My buddy Ironman,found 15 Seated Halves in a spill,years ago..thats my goal!!LOL!

Ironman's seated total is up there around 110 now right? :o .. I've never found the dollar, half, or quarter
 
Man that looks good up top!!!! :headbang:
Congradulations once again.
Matt
 
umrgolf said:
kuger said:
My buddy Ironman,found 15 Seated Halves in a spill,years ago..thats my goal!!LOL!

Ironman's seated total is up there around 110 now right? :o .. I've never found the dollar, half, or quarter
Yea,some where around there?Over 100 I know that.He is an animal!!You will find the Half,and Quarter............Dollar.................I wouldnt hold your breath!Oddly I have dug more Dimes,Half Dimes,and Halfs than I have quarters.I dont know why?
 
Excellent recovery Jeff. Tough to find one CW era coin let alone 4. I would have nominated it for the banner if it wasnt already up there..
-Evan
 
sweet site!!!! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom