What's new

Silver disc

HISTORYHUNTER3013

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this dime size paper thin silver disc with and uneven drill hole in it looks like someone has tried to put a crossing design on it. Do you think it's indian or early settlers.


image-4106343735.webp
 
Upvote 0
I'm by far no expert, but at first glance it reminded me of a cattle tag.
 
Probably a old coin. People used to drill holes in them to keep them safe or together. Can you notice patterns, look silver color?
 
By the size and the fact you say you think you see a cross it looks like it's probably a very worn down holed one reale Spanish coin.. Probably late 1700's to very early 1800's because it looks like a milled planchette
 
Last edited:
I thought it was a coin when i dug it but it's so thin and no trace of a design
 
Oh but there is a trace of a design I'm pretty sure I see one of two pillars

IMG_20140523_003614.webp



IMG_20140523_003614.webp
 
Your piece would need to be rotated but I believe I see something like this

a6794-wc.webp
 
Here is one that I found in SW Georgia. You can barely see the crown at the top of mine. The date is completely gone.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140523_161452.webp
    IMG_20140523_161452.webp
    347.4 KB · Views: 114
Nice garebel1861!!!:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom