What's new

SILVER FOX !!

BuckleBoy said:
I don't need your list of great (and not so great) jazz musicians. Are you trying to seem intelligent? More importantly, are you trying to say something derogatory about my ear?
You need something. I am intelligent. Yes, you have a banana in your ear and it's not a[peel]ing.
 
Silver Fox said:
BuckleBoy said:
I don't need your list of great (and not so great) jazz musicians.  Are you trying to seem intelligent?  More importantly, are you trying to say something derogatory about my ear?
You need something.  I am intelligent.  Yes, you have a banana in your ear and it's not a[peel]ing.

I made a general comment because I sensed a "put-down" on the jazz musicians from you, and you respond with a long list of who's who--stating your preferences outright, and then tell me that "excellence" (my word--and in quotes when you wrote it >:( ) is in the ear of the beholder.  Since that is the case, I will stick to MY preferences, and you yours.  I don't give a DAMN what you think about my Jazz musician friends.  I don't feel the need to try and educate you--or to spout out lists of opinions about specific musicians--you seem pretty damned self-righteous as it is.  And you can take your list, and your comments about my musical preferences and my "ear" and shove 'em.  Come on down to the University of Louisville and sign up for one of the classes I teach if you want to discuss music.  Take your pick.  You might even find the courses challenging.  :wink: 

-Buckleboy 
 
BuckleBoy said:
Silver Fox said:
BuckleBoy said:
I don't need your list of great (and not so great) jazz musicians. Are you trying to seem intelligent? More importantly, are you trying to say something derogatory about my ear?
You need something. I am intelligent. Yes, you have a banana in your ear and it's not a[peel]ing.

I made a general comment because I sensed a "put-down" on the jazz musicians from you, and you respond with a long list of who's who--stating your preferences outright, and then tell me that "excellence" (my word--and in quotes when you wrote it >:( ) is in the ear of the beholder. Since that is the case, I will stick to MY preferences, and you yours. I don't give a DAMN what you think about my Jazz musician friends. I don't feel the need to try and educate you--or to spout out lists of opinions about specific musicians--you seem pretty damned self-righteous as it is. And you can take your list, and your comments about my musical preferences and my "ear" and shove 'em. Come on down to the University of Louisville and sign up for one of the classes I teach if you want to discuss music. Take your pick. You might even find the courses challenging. :wink:

-Buckleboy
You've really worked your panties up in a bunch! I bet you suffer from high-blood pressure!
 
Ooo! Ooo! Jaz musician humor!

How do you get a saxophone player to play quietly?

Put a sheet of music in front of him.

After 30 years of asking Santa finally brought me a baritone this Christmas! The dog now has a new Questing Beast and mortal enemy and the cats leave vapor trails heading for parts remote.

And I'm starting over with the Rubank Elememtary Book for Beginners. ::)

If I don't think about it I can play by ear just fine. The darned music is in a lost language, I'm afraid. :D
 
Montana Jim said:
It appears the Silver Fox is also quite the piano aficionado.

I too... am a fan of ragtime piano pounding.

Although not as schooled in the art as University Professor Buckleboy with his two huge degrees in music, I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.

Viva La Schroeder!

[youtube=425,350]HtaJKbtGKek[/youtube]

No - thats not me playing the piano...
You could say that I could have been a contender. I took a stab at the piano and almost made it but circumstances prevented me from continuing. I've owned several keyboards and the one I now have has been sitting in a plastic bag since I bought it a couple of years ago for $15 at a thriftstore. My favorite pianist is Eddie Heywood. But I dug JoAnn Campbell and Crazy Otto.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom