What's new

Silver is Going Crazy!!

Sand Swinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,823
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab X-Terra Elite
Previously owned: Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro & XS-2 Pro,
Garrett ATPro & ACE 350,
Fisher 1220X, White's Coinmaster IV, Heathkit.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver crossed $60/oz today and it’s now just a few cents away from hitting $61/oz. It's gonna be a wild ride!

1765312046437.webp
 
Upvote 0
I suggest you do not use that site for your metals prices.

Try Kitco instead for real prices.
Thanks ARC, I'll check Kitco out. I only use the prices shown on APMEX as a guide, I know they're only showing paper prices not physical, but interesting to see how no matter how hard they try to manipulate the price to keep low, it continues to rise despite their efforts.

We're getting close to your recent prediction of $90, at least the paper market. Physical has already crossed that line.
 
Now its past 88.... will be 90 soon.
APMEX is now showing $89.11, will check Kitco, but looks like we're within a hair of hitting $90.
 
Yeah Buddy, it is a good morning and getting better!!

View attachment 2240735
Who knew that there' would be such a celebration over a divorce.:laughing7:

  • Market "Divorce": A "Great Divorce" has emerged in early 2026 between artificial New York paper prices (pushed as low as $70) and physical prices in the East (trading at a premium).
 
PS... and JFYI...
Bullion dealers use primarily 3 sources for price... ONLY 3.
#1. Kitco
#2. Comex
#3. Bloomberg.

All others are um..... lets just say..... heh
What about BullionVault?
$88.34 US
 
How credible is BullionVault


BullionVault
is highly credible and widely regarded as a safe and transparent platform for buying and storing physical gold, silver, platinum, and palladium. It is the world's largest online physical bullion market for private investors.

Key Credibility Factors
  • Regulation and Membership: BullionVault is a full member of the professional trade body, the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA). It is also an associate member of the London Platinum & Palladium Market (LPPM). While not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as it deals with physical property, not securities, it adheres to the LBMA's Precious Metals Code of conduct.
  • Auditing and Transparency: The company conducts a daily public audit of all client holdings, which is reconciled exactly to independent bar lists provided by third-party vault operators (Brink's, Loomis International, and Malca-Amit). This daily reconciliation is also independently verified by external auditors, Armstrong Watson, who publish their report on their own website.
  • Ownership and Security: Clients have outright legal ownership of the physical metal, which is stored in highly secure, insured professional vaults in their choice of location (Zurich, London, New York, Toronto, or Singapore). The bullion is held as a "bailment," meaning it is off-balance sheet and protected from the financial failure of BullionVault or its vault operators.
  • Awards and Reputation: BullionVault has won the prestigious Queen's Award for Enterprise three times (for Innovation in 2009 and International Trade in 2013 and 2022). It has broadly positive customer reviews, with many long-term users praising its user-friendliness, security, and low costs.
  • Investors: Part-owners include the Gold Bullion Investment Trust (a connected organization of the World Gold Council) and Augmentum Fintech plc (a listed subsidiary of RIT Capital Partners).
 
Of course it matters... one word... PREMIUMS. heh
The live
COMEX spot price for silver is approximately $85.82 USD per ounce as of January 13, 2026. The premium for a 1-ounce American Silver Eagle coin brings the retail price to around $95.25 to $98.72 per coin, a premium of roughly $9 to $13 over the spot price.
 
When a refinery was quoting 95 cents a gram for .925 early December.
Now today that is at $3.05 a gram one just sits and smiles at that.
 
Over on another forum, I routinely joke about the thread title being just a mere suggestion, as threads go off the rails into a zillion different areas on a daily basis, part of the fun, we never know where a thread will lead. A little back and forth banter and chop busting adds a bit a spice. In that other forum, gotta have a really thick skin, and the Admin even warns anyone new to the Beach/Water Hunting sub forum that they got to wear their big boy pants in that sub-forum, lol.
Forgot to mention that in that other group, I'm always reminded of the "Grumpy Old Men" movie. It's pretty much just like that in that group, a bunch of us ole' guys arguing and busting each other's chops, but it's all in good fun, until it isn't. :violent1:
 
I'll second robertk, I wouldn't sell something that sentimental. I have a couple harmonica's that my grandfather used to play when I was a young kid. When he died, all I cared about was getting those harmonica's, which I did get. I wouldn't sell them for anything. And he passed down a couple things from my great grandfather from the late 1800's. Those are staying with me as well.

Your kids and their kids might not have an interest right now, but that's always subject to change. And when your time on earth comes to an end, I'm sure they will highly appreciate a family heirloom that you passed down to them. It will mean much more to them at that time than it might today. It's not always about dollar value. Sometimes, the value is sentimental, and sentimental value doesn't have a dollar limit.
Very true words, try losing something nice due to theft or fire an object that your mom or dad bought for you as a child, and you will know the feeling. You will never get that same thing back even if you bought a similar one, because the original was bought by your OWN parents.
 
Is it foolish to think it will break 100 by the end of March?😳🙄🤩🏴‍☠️
Nope, not foolish at all. I bought at $19 - $28, because I knew it would skyrocket and hit $100, then $150, $200, and on and on. If it keeps rising like it's currently rising, $100 would only be a week, maybe 2 away, so before the end of Jan. I posted early this morning when it was at $88.26. So it's risen over $2.00 just since this morning. If it continues to increase by $2/day, we're just 5 days away from $100. Hard to say as things can vary day by day, but the way it's been going, I'd say $100 a LOT sooner than March, IMO.
 
Not plugging the co. over any other. Just showing some traffic volume .
I didn't do the math on $10,000in ozs. Troy or otherwise.

[Sell bullion, coins, and collectible items directly to APMEX with a fast, transparent buyback process. Lock your price online, ship using APMEX Logistics, and we'll confirm your items on arrival and pay promptly. Due to record volume we currently have a $10,000 minimum on buy back orders.]
 
Not plugging the co. over any other. Just showing some traffic volume .
I didn't do the math on $10,000in ozs. Troy or otherwise.

[Sell bullion, coins, and collectible items directly to APMEX with a fast, transparent buyback process. Lock your price online, ship using APMEX Logistics, and we'll confirm your items on arrival and pay promptly. Due to record volume we currently have a $10,000 minimum on buy back orders.]
At $90oz, $10K gets you roughly 111 ounces. Of course, number of ounces goes down as price continues to rise, but it's not the number of ounces IMHO, it's the total value of those ounces that count.
 
Where's my scale! l.o.l..
Yeah, break out that scale and start weighing any of your Silver & Gold finds, and then HOLD.

The reason I started this thread was that I knew a lot of members here have Silver & Gold finds. And many times, they stare at their finds and like money burning a hole in our pockets, they may get the urge to sell. I have a contact/source that helped me start acquiring Silver several years ago, so my purpose with the thread was to encourage members who were holding Silver & Gold finds to continue holding, as we knew the price was gonna skyrocket, and here we are, lol.
 
Last edited:
I asked Braveheart if people should sell or hold their Silver. His answer was very inspirational.

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom