What's new

Silver is Going Crazy!!

Sand Swinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,823
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab X-Terra Elite
Previously owned: Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro & XS-2 Pro,
Garrett ATPro & ACE 350,
Fisher 1220X, White's Coinmaster IV, Heathkit.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver crossed $60/oz today and it’s now just a few cents away from hitting $61/oz. It's gonna be a wild ride!

1765312046437.webp
 
Upvote 0
Boom! Love that big stuff!
Some of that sterling ware has dense fillers in the base, something you may want to check out. I do know most candlestick holders are.
I’m in shock of these can easily be melted!🏴‍☠️
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4600.webp
    IMG_4600.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
Does silver's current pause suggest a peak or is it gathering steam for another surge?
Don in SoCal
I have now come to the firm conclusion ... One of 3 things....

1. You do not or rarely read my posts at all.
2. You read them and don't believe what I am / have been saying... and disregard them.
3. You have me on ignore setting... heh
 
I’m in shock of these can easily be melted!🏴‍☠️
Probably weighted with paste or sand compound.
There's the term hollowware which this falls into. (any item that would hold fluid, item, excludes cutlery)

When doing your math-take hammer, break open, and recover the 10-20% actual sterling net weight.
This goes for handles of most knives, vanity items such as mirrors, brushes, etc.

So splitting the difference 15% of 1410= 211.5 grams or 6.2899 Troy oz. = $568.92 in actual spot value :headbang:

When estimating it's always better to do a conservative estimate of return than a max. The results then are more real in the $$$ received.
 
I have now come to the firm conclusion ... One of 3 things....

1. You do not or rarely read my posts at all.
2. You read them and don't believe what I am / have been saying... and disregard them.
3. You have me on ignore setting... heh
The thing is the spot price has been $90 range with a hundred zigs and zags like a seismograph reading. Will the big one hit or just more mini tremors. $88.87
 
Silver has hit the streets now it seems so every dog is ripping at the steak trying to get some on the FOMO.

I have tried to buy some silver on the online auctions for 3 weeks -out bid every time to the point where it's not even a profit.
Folks are washing the money in buying currency as they pay with prepaid VISA cards on their accounts, and then pick up the item ( gold coins)

So yesterday the sterling went way too high but I managed a few lots of gold.
The reason for this calculation is there's a 10K watch and signet ring and there's a low and a high estimate for the net result.
I'll scrap out the 10K watch and ring regardless. (Will update Sunday)
Everything else comes with an actual appraisal weight and what the karat is. (The value part makes me :laughing7:)

I had a another lot of scrap brass included in my calculation so I corrected it by $44.
Still it provides a nice % return on the $$$

I get maybe 20% of my bids if I'm lucky. If I shorten the % rate down to 10-15% then the amount of bids won increases also.


Step 3: Recalculate profit percentage
Divide the new profit figures by the new cost ($2,114.77) and multiply by 100:
  • Low Estimate %:
    1768569505659.gif

    (852.492114.77)×100≈40.31%
  • High Estimate %:
    1768569505664.gif

    (1404.232114.77)×100≈66.40%
Answer:
With the purchase price reduced by $44 to $2,114.77, your estimated profit percentage increases to between 40.31% and 66.40%. This results in a total net profit of approximately $852.49 to $1,404.23 CAD.
 
The thing is the spot price has been $90 range with a hundred zigs and zags like a seismograph reading. Will the big one hit or just more mini tremors. $88.87
I am pretty sure i explained "swings"... multiple times if I am not mistaken...
And that the swings would get larger and larger... larger up... larger down etc.
We have seen the smaller swings all along...
now they will be slightly larger...
and then getting even larger still.
Now we are seeing those swing increase...
both in size and frequency...
and it will continue.
Gaining in size... frequencies... for now and the immediate future.

remember...
Silver IS ... and will be...
at least for the next months...
OR ... perhaps even much longer...

Volatile.
And probably will get more so.
 
PS... it appears that the 100 before weekend... MAY BE thwarted by major players dumping.
 
PS... it appears that the 100 before weekend has been... MAY BE thwarted by major players dumping.
When there's banks buying at $78 putting in a stop @ $92 the price jumps to $93
They loose big time-market manipulation on taking out the smaller institutions.
No proof in this but it sure must sting when it happens.
I'm going to be looking at the TD wealth management 1/4 statement to see what they ate on this 2nd loss.
Pegging silver to hit $40 :laughing7:
 
Technically though............ heh......

Shanghai Silver Price in Dollars​

101.06 USD/OZ
 
Yup...its right....did you watch it ?
I watched the first couple they produced until i starting hearing things stated in them i knew to be false and untrue.
And further more manipulative and "baiting".
Parts are true... parts are not.

There are other youtubers that have addressed these videos and exposed them with realities and such as well.
There appears to be some "agenda"... and no one knows "who or what" is producing them... and furthermore... WHY.
 
Last edited:
I watched the first couple they produced until i starting hearing things stated in them i knew to be false and untrue.
And further more manipulative and "baiting".

There are other youtubers that have addressed these videos and exposed them with realities and such as well.
There appears to be some "agenda"... and no one knows "who or what" is producing them... and furthermore... WHY.
Also.... if you notice they are each from an account separate from each other.
Click bait for views / shiesty $$$ grab using peoples fears.
 
Last edited:
Also.... if you notice they are each from an account separate from each other.
Click bait for views / shiesty $$$ grab using peoples fears.
Ok...right...
 
  • Like
Reactions: ARC
Ok...right...
Only thing i can come up with after fact checking and searching for info on the user.

Like i said there are a couple vids like "who is this guy" type vids about it.

just showed up outta nowhere and starting prolific postings one after another.
 
Here is a new one... about it... i just found this looking for another one about it...

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom