What's new

Slim Pick Ins Today

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a cold day and the wind was blowing on top of it. I looked at 2 fields and this was it. Everything has damage none was perfect. There is a gray piece that is stone but had a hole in it:icon_scratch:. If anyone knows what it is holler out. Thanks, rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC10217.webp
    SDC10217.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • SDC10219.webp
    SDC10219.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
  • SDC10221.webp
    SDC10221.webp
    547.5 KB · Views: 110
  • SDC10222.webp
    SDC10222.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  • SDC10224.webp
    SDC10224.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
  • SDC10228.webp
    SDC10228.webp
    340.7 KB · Views: 98
  • SDC10234.webp
    SDC10234.webp
    397.5 KB · Views: 95
  • SDC10231.webp
    SDC10231.webp
    340.6 KB · Views: 87
  • SDC10230.webp
    SDC10230.webp
    336.9 KB · Views: 92
  • SDC10232.webp
    SDC10232.webp
    322.7 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0
Looks like maybe a busted bannerstone. Nice finds!
 
Rock! Nice slim pickings. If that isn't a busted banner, it's an abrader. I'm leaning towards banner. Sweet! The quartz point is sweet. It reminds me of a "hell gap" is it? I think the hell gap is paleo. I've never seen a real one. Man I hope that's what it is!!!
 
You know me I dont know, lol
 
Quartzs point looks like a Guilford with the tip broke off. Pretty sure that is a broke banner. Even to find a broke piece is hard to do.
 
I believe broken banner also. Looks like a good day to me,and kudos for getting out in this weather.
 
I figured it was something but just didnt know for sure. I have found those before in the other field across the street from where I was today. Never a whole one though.
 
Not sure about your point but the thing next to it could that be a small net weight and your other piece looks like a broken banner, all great finds:icon_thumright:
 
Very nice finds rock you are the man !!!!! I almost think a busted banner should get a vote great finds and nice point I'm gonna look at a couple hells gap points are they a point found in your area ?
 
I agree with the rest that it looks like a bannerstone fragment....that is a great find for such a nasty cold day!
 
Not bad at all. You would have a laugh if you saw what I brought home today!
 
Not sure about your point but the thing next to it could that be a small net weight and your other piece looks like a broken banner, all great finds:icon_thumright:

They are both points missing the tips. The one on the left might of been turned into a hafted scraper but the very top is gone so its a hard call. Thanks though
 
Here is 1 of the other piece I have found of banner out there.
 

Attachments

  • 100_3736.webp
    100_3736.webp
    146.2 KB · Views: 84
I noticed nobody asked about the red and yellow rock? There is a reason it is in the post.
 
Whats with the red and yellow rock?
I noticed nobody asked about the red and yellow rock? There is a reason it is in the post.
 
I noticed nobody asked about the red and yellow rock? There is a reason it is in the post.

What's the red and yellow rock?
 
Whazzz up with the green and yellow rock? Nice day to be out. Think the plow has busted stuff or are they ancient breaks?
 
The suspense is killin' me...what is the red and yellow rock?
 
Yeah what's with the rock rock haha
 
LOL its my lucky rock. I leave it there and every time it rains something appears. I find all of the artifacts within 15 ft of it. I found my Bolen Bevel last yr next to it. Its not a natural color by the way it is quartzite and looks like it has been in a fire like a possible camp rock. Most of the times if I see a rock like it I will find worked tools or flakes in the area of each rock. Its a larger rock than normal for the area it really stands out. Just a tip for all of you hunters to look for things out of place. If it wasnt rite in the middle of the crop area I would scratch the ground a bit but it is rite in the middle of the field. HH, everyone. rock
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom