What's new

Smaller Herd of Buffalo and Large Silver with Small Gold

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2016
Messages
3,689
Reaction score
8,247
Golden Thread
1
Location
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Something was backwards today. My precious metal finds that is. 1.70 grams of 18K ornate ring. First 18K ring of the year. Very pretty with flowers all around it but I would have rather had a larger one! Can't be too picky I guess. 6 and a half rings total. Only one silver and two gold plated. One has a cat on the front and says Krazy Kat. No idea if that was a premium of some kind yet. A walker, A rosey and another war nickel. 3 buffalo, 7 wheats and a King George. Two Jefferson's and a house.

The swim goggles are quite old. The larger one still has the glass inside. Little brass pendant is a house. Water was beautiful today. I was going to take a picture of the beach to show but I forgot my camera and phone today. Will get one soon.

The problem with this old swim area is the clay and weeds above the sand. Flattening the weeds with the CZ-21 with the 10" coil was a TON of work. I switched to the Tiger Shark and am using the 8" coil and it made life a lot easier. I really don't think it gets as deep as my CZ but I am not going to complain.

The little pin is interesting. No idea what it is yet. I was digging a target and came across the 5" tall bottle with the handle and kept it also. It says BON OIL on it, whatever that is.

























I asked my friend Kevin to clean up the 1919 Canadian dime, The 1926 German coin and standing lib and the one religious medal. This is how they came out.



 
Last edited:
Upvote 32
Great hunt!! I'd be happy with those finds over a month of swinging.
Congrats!!
 
Thanks. The finds are getting scarcer here now. Really have to work the weeds. If I could get all the weeds and muck off the sand I know I would find a jackpot of stuff. This was one very huge and popular beach.

There is one find at this site I haven't posted. One day I will. After I decide to move on. I wish they made an underwater lawn mower!
 
Love seen water finds. Awesome job.
 
Great assortment of finds.
 
Love the vintage goggles. Weird how nickels come out of the water nice yet silver all tarnished
 
The goggles are really cool.

That's a nice haul of treasure. Congrats!
 
What a great variety of finds! You really have my curiosity up now regarding the un-posted find. Can't wait to see what that is!
 
as for the bottle,
back in the day people would go to the general store and get a bottle of oil to put on their bon
 
Great assortment of finds! Cool coins and rings! :occasion14:
 
16712511-The-word-Excellent-to-give-positive-feedback-to-something-you-like-representing-good...webp
 
Nice saves Scuba, looks like a good area to return to sometime. The goggles are sweet, I didn't think you could find them in that good of shape. The silvers cleaned up nicely.
 
Wow! What a score! Those are some really cool finds! Love them Buffalos!
 
Nice saves Scuba, looks like a good area to return to sometime. The goggles are sweet, I didn't think you could find them in that good of shape. The silvers cleaned up nicely.

Rubber under the water and muck stays in great shape. I have found full old swim caps. The problem with it is that it deteriorates pretty fast after drying out. I am keeping them in water right now. I have NO idea if I can preserve them. That is one thing I want to look into.

Thanks for the reply!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom