What's new

Smilin Too

T Witko

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
432
Reaction score
727
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other
Smilin' Too

Early this morning I stopped by the site we hunt and Digger was smilin' big - I knew had something good. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/american-indian-artifacts/310308-nice-krf-piece.html

After he left I walked a bit it wasn't long before I had a big smile too. I picked the prairie side nothched point (chert), a nice chert blade and a couple little KRF scraper. The other things I picked up yesterday afternoon.
 

Attachments

  • rps20120831_124112.webp
    rps20120831_124112.webp
    45.8 KB · Views: 117
  • rps20120831_124054.webp
    rps20120831_124054.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 97
  • rps20120831_124035.webp
    rps20120831_124035.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 91
  • rps20120831_123841.webp
    rps20120831_123841.webp
    40.2 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
Nice finds for the day T..man I would love to find a awl in my neck of the woods. I have never found one hear yet.........Nice side notch!!!....................GTP(Chris)
 
wow those are really nice points and pottery sherds!
 
Nice finds. You guys are so lucky. Your cultures were so rich and creative and full of wild game and Buffalo they made some of the finest things. I love seeing ya'lls finds.
 
That is really a nice side notch:headbang: Nice awls and scrapers too:icon_thumleft: I like the designs on the pottery shards.:hello:.
 
Between you and digger...wow! That was in two days!!
 
Great day. Love those little scrapers, too!
 
I love that side notch too. Somebody told me that they are called bird points for no good reason. That they would kill a deer as quick as a long point. I have to believe that. I can say it is way harder to do a very tiny point then it is a five inch blade. A tiny mistake when creating a long blade can be fixed. Not so when a point is that big. And that point was made small, it appears. It is gorgeous. All the find is nice, but that one is worth the whole day of muddy feet :)

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 
Out of all your finds I like the lower left. black piece It looks broken but has a nice flute on it. Is that correct?
 
Last edited:
Congratulations, Very Nice Finds! :icon_thumright: Awesome little side notch.
 
to onlinefisherman i can't figure out why people call them bird points either
these were used for everything like buffalo, elk, deer, bear, mountain lion, etc
 
I think it just came from folks who where only interested in larger pieces of stone.that belived the older the bigger. Like the size of the points diminished from Paleo magafawna to more recent prey.
 
Awesome finds T Witko, love that point to the right of that penny. Happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom